To: @Lalaypop

To: @Lalaypop
From: @toxicurly

- - -

Merry Christmas Lauren!

- - -

Lauren had sat by her front window for over an hour, waiting impatiently for Niall. A mug still half full with hot chocolate, rested on the table next to her, as she rocked back and forth in her mother's old rocking chair. The book she held in both of her hands held her captive, the veteran writer keeping her on the edge of her seat, hence her repetitive movement forward and back again.

She was beginning to lose faith in her boyfriend of 18 months, as time dragged on. She was beginning to feel that she was going to be, in fact, spending Christmas alone, and that Niall was caught up somewhere else, not even thinking about her, and how much she loved him. But, she was wrong.

The traffic ahead of him was going painfully slow, but Niall managed to keep his cool, by filling his mind with even more thoughts of spending time with her, hugging her, kissing her, and making her smile. He couldn't bear the thought of Lauren being home alone on Christmas.

Niall grew more and more anxious as he drew nearer to Lauren's by the minute. He couldn't think of anything else, but her. He had to get home to her. He had to. This was the one thing he promised her, and he couldn't turn back now.

Cars kept driving by the house, distracting Lauren from her book, and anything else, at that. Vehicles pulled up to houses around hers, the visitors running into her neighbors' arms.

When the street is bare again, an emptiness fills her, and a guarantee that her one wish this year, for Niall to spend Christmas with her, was not going to come true. What really struck her in the gut was that Niall didn't even bother to give her an explanation.

She lost all hope as she took one last look outside, before turning away to search for her phone.

In the short amount of time she was faced the other way, a small black car pulled up to the curb in front of her house.

Niall climbed out of the car, proceeding to open the passenger side door, leaning in to pick up the stack of presents sitting on the seat. Straightening out his back again, he noticed that the anount of presents he had to carry, left little room to see. But, kicking the door closed with his foot he continued forward, toward the house.

The door tohouse then opened, revealing a flustered Lauren, who fumbled with her coat while running out the door in the direction of her boyfriend.

"Niall!"

As Lauren continued forward at a fast pace, Niall gave up on holding in any excitement, and placed the presents in the snow beside him. When he looked up, he couldnt help but smile at her approaching figure.

With no warning, Lauren jumped up onto Niall when she got close enough. He caught her, though lost his balance, somewhat shocked at her sudden actions.

They fell in a clump into the snow, the powder cushioning Niall's back as he hit the ground, Lauren on top of him.

Once they landed, Niall took charge immediately, cupping Lauren's face with his hands, bringing it down to his level urgently.

Their lips connected told stories that no words could ever tell properly, and gave insight into how much they loved and missed the other.

After pulling away, gasping for air, Lauren gave Niall a lingering peck on the lips, before pulling herself up, reaching a hand out to help Niall back onto two feet as well.

Not trusting his weight in this situation, Niall declined her withstanding offer for help, instead pushing himself up with his hands.

Lauren helped Niall get a firm hold of the now soaked presents, before skipping back to the house, filled with joy. She graciously opened the door for Niall to stumble through.

Niall maneuvered his way to the kitchen, set the presents down on the table, and attempted to salvage a present he could give to Lauren.

After coming up empty-handed and disappointed by his foolishness, he walked back to the front hallway, where he hung up his coat, and took of his shoes, placing them on the mat under the coat hooks.

Niall then made his way to the living room, where Lauren was waiting patiently for him.

"Lauren, I'm so sorry. All of the presents are ruined-"

"Hey," Lauren protests, "you're a good enough gift for me, and all that I could ever ask for."

The statement makes Niall's heart skip a beat, and allows a smile to take over his features. Niall crouches down to her height of 5' 2" and kisses her passionately, once more. The kiss deepens quicker than expected, as Lauren and Niall start making their way towards the couch slowly, their lips never leaving each others.

Hesitantly, Niall detaches his lips from Lauren's, escaping the trance he was in from feeling her lips against his again after so long.

Butterflies broke out of their cage in his stomach at the sight of her, making him more nervous than before, and taking his breath away.

"You, uh, um, you didn't let me finish," Niall stutters as he steps away from a very shocked and confused Lauren.

"All of the presents are ruined except for, um, one, that I managed to keep safe."

"But Niall-" Lauren begins to object once again, before Niall's finger was placed on her mouth, stopping her from talking, in the middle of her sentence.

After he had swallowed the lump in his throat, Niall urged himself to do what he wanted to do for so long now. He crouched down so that he was on his knees and looked up at Lauren.

A gasp leaves her mouth before she can stop it, but it is the only sound she can muster.

"Lauren," Niall starts, rubbing his hands together, " you know that I love you, but this is my way of expressing it.

"I want you to know that I will love you forever, no matter what, okay? I'm sorry that I can't marry you now, but know that if I could, I would. And since I can't, take this necklace as a promise, that as soon as our fame dies down, we will make it official, and finally be each other's to keep, legally, that is."

"Uh, uh, I," Lauren's mouth ran dry in that moment, and she was speechless.

Niall took the necklace from his jeans' pocket, and held it out for Lauren's eyes to soak up.

"Do you like it, because if not I can take it back and um..."

Niall searched her face for some sort of response, but only foundtears spilling out of her eyes.

Niall couldn't  help but second guess everything in that moment, and worry about what could possibly be holding Lauren back from letting him take her hand in marriage.

"I love it, Niall. And I love you, so, so, so much."

Lauren bent down, wrapping her small arms around his neck, nuzzling her face into his chest.

"So does that mean that you will marry me, in time?"

Lauren stayed comfortably in her position against Niall, responding, not bothering to even look at him, for she would start crying uncontrollably.

"Yes, of course it does, you idiot."

"Your idiot, you mean."

"Yes Niall," Lauren sighs before breaking into little fits of giggles, "you are my idiot."