Speech(less)

Baron is acting very weirdly today. He's way too jumpy and agitated, his leg is always bouncing up and down, he keeps running his hands on his jeans covered thighs as if they were always sweaty... Something is off and you can't quite put your finger on what it is.

You were about to call him out on it when Nikki reached you in a rush, babbling something about Naomi, and begging you to go with her on a beauty emergency.

Let's just say, those two together, plus make-up, plus their creative mind, Jesus Christ. Thankfully, you managed to "save the day" in their words. You had just finished solving the mess Naomi and Nikki had created when you phone beeped in your pocket. It's a text from Baron.

"Meet me at the park next to the arena in 5."

Damn, couldn't he be more cryptic? What hell is going on with him? He's actually scaring you right now.

1st attempt

"Hey babe." He greets as you near the bench he's sitting in. And he doesn't look any better than he was earlier.

"Hey." You give him a small smile as you try and stare into his eyes, looking for answer, but he's averting your gaze. "So, what's going on? Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I... I needed to talk to you, and... " He stutters as he struggles to find the right words. Just when he was about to continue his rambling, your phone starts ringing.

"Uh, it's Nattie. Give me a minute." You tell him, picking up your phone right after. "Babe, I'm so sorry. Duty calls. Again. Are you sure you're okay?" You explain, smoothly, as you place your hand above his. You're feeling so bad for leaving him in this condition, but it's your job.

"Yeah, go. We'll talk... later, I guess." He small smiles nervously at you and you lean down pressing a kiss to his lips.

2nd attempt

You're currently taking a break at catering, when Baron joins you, sitting down on the chair to your right.

"Hey baby." You greet him as he leans to press a kiss to your forehead.

"Hey (Y/N)." He replies, smiling slightly. He still looked like he wanted to tell you something, but for some reason he couldn't get the right words.

"So, what did you want to tell me earlier?" You approach the subject as smoothly as you could, trying to make him open up.

"Uh... I... Well, I... Never mind. It was nothing." He starts stuttering, trying to find the words, but ends up giving up.

"Okay. You know I'm always here for you, right?" You ask and he nods in response. You move to sit on his lap, and hugged him tight, feeling him sigh deeply against the crook of your neck as you place a few kisses on his head.

"Babe, I have to go, I have a match." He mumbles, pressing a kiss to your neck.

You got off him and let him go. "Good luck, kick his ass."

3rd attempt

Your heart almost stopped when you saw the way Baron landed after Big Show blocked the move he was going to. He was barely moving, had some blood running from his eyebrow and it looked like he was dragging himself across the ramp.

You couldn't stop your legs, when you notice it, you're already running across the arena to get to his locker room. You're so worried, he had such a blank look on his face. Oh god, you really hope he's okay. You need him to be okay.

You don't even bother to knock on the door, you just open it and get inside, closing it softly. Baron is sitting in this bench, his head leaning back against the wall.

"Babe? How are you?" You whisper, sitting down next to him, and caressing his cheek as you examined his already stitched up eyebrow.

"I'm okay, just sore..." He replies softly, his arm clutching his ribs as his eyes shut softly in pain.

"You don't look okay, Baron." You state, worried about his condition.

"I am, really." He assures you, trying to smile a bit.

"Okay." You whisper, pressing a kiss to his lips. "Is there something I can do to help?"

"Yes, there's a couple of things you can do." He smirks for a few seconds, then groans slightly in pain. You shoot him a questioning look, as if asking what you could do. "You can start off by bringing me my jacket."

"What do you want your jacket for?" You ask, confused, but he just gives you this just-bring-it-to-me look. "Okay, okay, I'm going." You grab it and hand it to him. "Here."

He starts searching for something in the pockets, smiling nervously yet again today when he finds whatever it was that he was looking for. He pulls it out and your heart almost stops at the sight. It's a tiny black box. Like the ones who usually carry rings. And engagement rings. No, it can't be. It's obviously jewelry, but it's not that.

"What... What is that?" You ask, your voice small. You really don't want to be overthinking this right now.

"This? Well, this is for you." He replies, trying to look manly, dismissing the clear emotion in his voice. "I've been trying to do this the whole day, but I think the pain meds helped loosen me up a bit." He chuckles slightly. Who is he trying to fool? You make him a softie.

"Is that what I think it is?" You ask, tears already prickling your eyes.

Instead of answering, he smiles and opens the box, revealing the most beautiful yet simple ring you've ever seen. You can't control the rush of feelings crossing your body and mind right now.

"I had a speech for this, but I end up forgetting it every time." He chuckles nervously, and you're just sitting there, looking up at him, thinking how lucky you are and how adorable this man is. "I'll just go for it... I was just... me, you know. And then you came along, and you're the best thing that's happened to me. Now, I'm still me, but a better me, a better man. Your love makes me better, makes me want to be better. To be deserving of you. To be enough for you. I need you with me. You're like the air I breathe, you keep me alive. You're it. You're the love of my life and no one will ever take that away from you. You own my heart. You own me. I love you. And I want to make you happy forever. I want to grow old with you, I want to have kids with you. So, (Y/N), will you marry me?"

He has this hopeful, loving look on his face and it's killing you with cuteness. You're speechless, you love this man so much and this proposal, despite not being what you imagined, was everything you hoped for.

"Yes! Of course, I do. I will marry you." You mumble, grabbing his face with your shaking hands. His eyes held nothing but love as they stared into yours. You lean in and capture his smile in your lips, kissing him softly.

He slides the ring into your finger, and fuck, it fits perfectly. You're in love with it.

"Do you like it?" He asks shyly, caressing the back of your hand with his thumb, as you both stare down at the ring.

"I don't like it..." You whisper and his face falls, hurt filling every pore. "I absolutely love it. It's perfect, you're perfect."

"I can't wait to make you officially mine." He sighs against your lips.

"I'm already yours, always was, always will."