"My mom is convinced we're dating since we're roommates."

You and Baron are currently expecting his mother at the apartment you both share. He had made plans with her to have lunch and, as you're already a part of the family, they asked you to join them.

"My mom is convinced we're dating since we're roommates." Baron spits all at once, embarrassment making him avoid your gaze.

"What? Are you serious?" You ask and when he nods his head slightly, you can't help but chuckle. "Your mum is hilarious!" You say, trying to dismiss the nervousness this conversation is bringing up.

"Yeah, right. You and me, uh? Who would've thought? Only my mom." He fake smiles at you, trying to shrug it off, but you know him as the back of your hand. Maybe he likes you too... 'No, no way, you have to stop overthinking stuff', you advise yourself, obviously not following your own advice.

"Well, it's not that unthinkable." You state. Baron looks at you with a blank yet questioning look.
"What do you mean?" He asks, curiously, secretly hopeful.

"I mean, you and me, it's not that unthinkable. It could happen." And how you wish he knew how much you wanted it to happen.

"Ah. Yeah, it could. We don't know what the future has in store for us." He agrees with you.
Suddenly, and finally, his mother arrives, knocking at the door loudly. Greeting you and his son, the woman rapidly sits down, glancing between you and him, smiling widely.

"God, I love seeing you two together." She gushes, making the both of you blush a deep red and avoid her gaze. "Seriously, it's so clear to ser how in love you are and-"

"Ma, stop. Please." Baron begs, feeling the most embarrassed he ever was in his whole life. "We're not dating, okay?" He finally confesses to his mother, making your heart sink.

"Yeah, we're not." You support, swallowing the lump in your throat. Weirdly enough, his mother lets out a chuckle, leaving you and Baron with a puzzled look on your faces.

"I know you're not." She states confidently.

"So, if you know... why-?" You start asking her only to have her cutting you off.

"Why? Because I can see the way you look at each other. You're not together, okay. But that doesn't mean you don't love each other... right?" She winks at you, her tone slow as if she was talking to some kids and trying to make them understand something obvious. And it worked, you two kept silent, lost in your thoughts, until she spoke up again. "Oh look, I forgot, I have to meet my friend!" She says, clearing her throat. "Oh, my memory... not what it used to be. Bye kids, finish your lunch and be good." She smiles widely as she says her goodbyes, leaving you and Baron alone.

"So..." You say, not really knowing what to do or say.

"So..." He replies, rubbing the back of his head.

"I have something to tell you!" You both burst out at the same time.

"You first." He offers.

"No, no, you first." You reply.

The next seconds of dialogue were a mixture of 'no' and 'you talk first', until you both finally spoke your mind.

"I like you." You both say, yet again at the same time.

"What? You do?" He asks, dumbfounded.

"Yeah, you too?" You ask, shocked too.

"Wow. This... This is amazing." He smiles shyly, and you smile back, feeling yourself blush.

He keeps staring at you, glancing between your eyes and your lips and you can't resist him anymore. You lean into him, kissing his lips. They are even softer than you had imagined. And they felt so good against yours, as if they were shaped to match yours. In the blink of an eye, you're in his lap. His tongue massaging yours really slowly, savouring the kiss. Damn, the man can kiss. And, oh god, the heat emanating from his body is making yours tingle.

"Damn." He manages to say once you pull back.

"Damn indeed." You blush, pecking his lips.

"Mama knows best, right?"