The contract

Maniks POV

"How could I not guess that such a crazy contract can only be made by you" I say while reading through the contact.

The person sharing this house will have to follow the following conditions

1. Stay at a minimum distance of 9 and three quarter steps away.
( Did anyone get the Harry Potter reference??)

2.Do not try to create eye contact for more than twelve seconds.

3.No physical contact are allowed.

"Nandini, I have a doubt. How is it possible to touch you when the person has to stay nine and three quarter steps away from you"

"Maybe he could fall from a tree and touch me" Nandini says thinking hard.

I'll just ignore her.

3. Should be wearing proper clothes. He should not walk shirtless...or pantless..or cloth less.

Well, that's dumb!

4.Should not try to start a conversation on anything.
Absolutely anything....except ice creams.

How could you not realise that it's not Nandini who made this??

5.Violation of any of these conditions could lead to serious issues.
For example: legal issues, curses,breaking of bones by boyfriend.

That's true!!

"Thank God I don't need to follow these conditions." I say and Nandini smiles.

"Don't forget, I can use this against you. Any time" Nandini says.

"Even I can" I say making her frown.

"Manik, you know how hard it was for both of us to convince Amms and mom to let us move out. Do you think they will be happy to know that we are moving in together"? Nandini asks.

"You know the answer to this. We have been giving hints about us moving in,all week. They are clearly not okay with it as we are just eighteen and nineteen also because they think we are too hormonal for teenagers this age. After all they have seen us in totally awkward situations" I say.

Nandini lets out a humourless chuckle.

"I am not at all happy in lying to them. Aren't we breaking their trust" Nandini comes and stands next to me.

I pull her closer by wrapping my hands around her waist and say "you know we will never cross the line. At least I won't. What about you?"
I smirk and tighten my grip.
"I will surely not cross the limits but I am not sure about you" she says slipping away from my group.

"On a serious note Nandini. You don't have to worry, we will always keep their trust" I say and she smiles.

"Okay!! So we need to start cleaning here" Nandini says looking excited..

"Let's start by painting the walls" she says looking at the cans of paint grouped on the floor.

"But I don't know how to paint walls" I confess and she says" it's so easy."

After five minutes

"This is not particularly what I had in my mind...but it's cool. Right?" Nandini asks with a nervous chuckle.

"Cool? You don't call this cool. You call it 'shit'. What were you thinking while throwing a whole can of paint on the wall."? I ask looking at the mess.

"Haven't you seen movies. The actress splashes paint on the wall and magically everything looks fabulous." She complains.

I give an exasperated sigh and look around the house. I see all the expensive furniture's lined up, ready to be arranged.