Chapter 17

"Mommy you're back!" Khile exclaimed giving his mother's leg a hug

"Of course I am. You know I wouldn't miss your bedtime tuck in"

"Look I'm wearing my new jammies. Grandma let me swim in the tub then help me put my jammies on. She said I could wait down here for you to get home"

Zoyé and Sebastian exchanged glances at the new title he gave to Regina but they saw the beaming smile on her face and realized how pleased she was for him to appoint her his new grandmother.

"Well I'm glad you waited for us. Did you have fun today?"

"Yes. I played all day! Then grandpa came to get us so we could eat dinner with him. He let me hit the garage button when we got home and then he taught me about cars"

Both Zoyé and Sebastian turned surprised expressions to Fabio and didn't miss the smile he tried to hide behind his newspaper.

"We thought you two might be out a little later but you seem to have taken care of business early enough...and son next time you might want to make sure your T-shirt isn't inside out"

At that Zoyé blushed and grabbed Khile's hand and called goodnight as she turned and practically ran up the stairs with Sebastian's laughter trailing behind them.

She put Khile to bed in his room and turned his nightlight on. She left him bundles up and watching videos on his tablet knowing he would fall asleep soon. Sebastian was sprawled on her bed waiting for her when she opened the door.

"I feel like we walked into a alternate universe downstairs where your father seem to like Khile calling him grandpa! Did  he actually smile"

"He is know to show human affections once in a while" Sebastian replied

Zoyé shook her head at his sarcasm and sat next to him on the bed.

"I'm not worried about my father, he will have to come around, he will see he's not going to get his way which us often the case where I'm concerned."

"If you say so. I'm going to shower and get under these covers, the weather is getting colder."

"I'll join you"

"Oh no you won't!"

"Why not?"

"Because we're not about to have round three in the shower when your mother is already on to us"

"I promise not to try anything. I just want to be close to you tonight."

She studied his face and found herself saying yes because she wanted so much to just be with him as well. He excused himself to go get his change of clothes while she climbed in the shower ahead of him. She was washing the shampoo from her hair when he climbed in the shower with her. Showering with him was so intimate in a nonsexual wat that made her feel loved and cared for by him.

After showering they laid in bed cuddled together talking about their lives. He wanted to know so much about her and it made her feel important to him. She talking they realized how different their lives were but how perfectly they fit together.

"Do you still talk to your mother?" Asked Sebastian as he twirled a lock of her hair around his finger.

"No. I lost contact with her. Rick cut me off from her because she would always try to get me to leave him. I don't even know if she's OK now"

"Where do you last remember her living?"

"Denver"

"Have you ever tried to find her?"

"When I moves in with Samantha I tried calling mom before I left the hospital but the number I had for her was disconnected. I wrote her a letter but it was returned because she no longer lives at that address and didn't leave a forwarding address"

That's how they spent their night asking each other questions until they both fell asleep.

                               ***
The next day Zoyé was busy packing and getting ready for the new years eve party. A part of her was nervous to move in with Sebastian because of everything that happened with her ex when she moved in with him, but deep down she knew everything would turn out alright.

She could hear Sebastian and Khile in the other room talking and she couldn't help but to laugh at how grownup her son tried to sound as he tried to explain why he thinks superman is a better super hero than batman.

She walked over to the door and watched then laying across the bed looking into a comic. Her eyes moved from her son's face to the man staring adoringly. His day old stubble didn't detract from how beautifully handsome is face is. His eyes would occasionally light up with laughter at something Khile was saying. She found herself wondering how she managed to get so lucky.

Her mind went back to a night last week when he brought them to dinner. She chuckled remembering the waitress trying to no avail to get Sebastian's attention. She would bat her eyelashes at him when she spoke and bend close and low enough for Sebastian to get a good look down her cleavage. The doctor in him however advised her to get a bigger blouse so she could cover up so she wouldn't get a cold in this cold winter weather.

"What are you smiling about?" Came Sebastian's voice nightng her out of her thoughts.

"Just remembering our night out last week when the waitress so boldly flirted with you. I doubt she even realize by now I was sitting at the table"

Sebastian groaned when he too obviously remembered the night she was referring to.

"You didn't even spare her a glance" said Zoyé sending him a mock angry stare.

"Because il mio cuore I have eyes only for you"

She smiled at him before turning to go back to her room to continue with her packing for their flight home the next day.

************************************

Please remember to vote! Click on the star and vote! It only takes a second!