Chapter 9

"So let me get this straight

"So let me get this straight. You're coming home to Italy and you're taking a stranger you met in a hospital?" Asked Luca

Sebastian stared at his brother across the desk in his study and read nothing but disapproval on his face.

"She's not a stranger to me Luca!" His said sternly causing his Italian accept to be more pronounced

"But what about Brooke?"

"What about her?"

"You two have history. It's obvious she still fancies you"

"Like you said it's history, its in the past for me. She wasn't the woman for me and you were wrong to invite her here without consulting me first. Let sleeping dogs lie Luca!"

"I just thought you would like to see her and give things a go again that's all. You both were young when you fell apart. Now that you're older...!"

"Enough!" Sebastian snapped. Slashing his hand through the air to cut off his brother's words.

"You're my brother, you should want me to be happy"

"But I do"Lucà replied pleadingly

"No you don't! Or you wouldn't be forcing a woman on me that doesn't care about me. We never saw eye to eye, she never supported me she always belittled my dreams. On top of that everyday was the same I was bored and so was she so I have no idea what game she is playing by agreeing to show up like this but you all can leave me out of it"

"Maybe she's changed?"

"If you keep pushing I'll go somewhere else instead of home, then you can explain to our mother why I chose to not come home"

Sebastian marched out of the room and almost bumped into Nadia.

"I'll talk to him" she said placing a comforting hand on Sebastian's arm.

"Thank you" he replied

"I'm happy you've found someone who you obviously care about"

"Now I just have to hope she feels the same way"

"For your sake I hope so too"

She removed her hand from his arm and entered the study that he just exited.

Sebastian headed for his music room like he usually does when he's in a bad mood but even music didn't seem to help. There was one thing he needed right now but he didn't want to crowd her and cause her to pull away.

With the winter season up on them and having more than enough doctors on staff he was glad he could now work on call not having to always be in his office. He had put in for his vacation time which was approved for the week before Christmas which gives him something to look forward to for the holiday.

The door opened and Brooke peeked in. Sebastian inwardly groaned and stopped playing.

"Why did you stop, I love hearing you play" she said as she came and stood next to the piano.

"I thought the sound of the piano bores you?"

"Why on earth would you think that?"

"Because its what you told me years ago"

She gave a nervous laugh while lightly waving her hand in a gesture like she was trying to wave away what he said.

"Come now Seb that was then when I was nothing but a mere slip of a girl. I'm older now my taste in music has matured with the rest of me" she replied while slightly pouting her lips.

"Oh, well alright then"

He went back to playing all the while ignoring her. After a while he looked up at her face and saw her bored expression like she wanted to be anywhere but standing there listening to him play.

"Is there something you needed. You look like you want to say something" he said

"No not really but I could ask you the same thing, you look tense. Are you OK?"

She walled over and stood behind him.

"Yea I'm fine, just tired"

She started massaging his shoulders and at first he was tense but he couldn't deny that it felt great and the massage was helping him to relax. He leaned his head to the side as she got the base of his neck. As soon as she slipped her hand to his chest while leaning on his back he moved out of her reach.

"Thanks I think that will do"

"Anything for you seb"

She waved to him as she turned and walk out of the room.

Oh God, here we go.

He sighed and closed the cover over the piano keys then walked over to the other side of the room to stand by the window.

There had been a time when Sebastian would have given anything to have Brooke falling all over him the way she is now. He remember the night his father introduced them. It was a new years Eve party that his family had put on. Both their fathers weren't very subtle about wanting them to be togetber and back then he wanted so much to please his father so he would finally feel accepted, but somewhere between finishing university and finding out Brooke was seeing other men he realized in trying to make everyone else happy he wasn't happy. So he made a bold decision to leave home when he got a letter from the hospital with a generous offer.

The sound of his phone ringing pulled him out of his thoughts. He picked it up and saw that Nicholas was calling. He answered and laughed at his friends complaining about being dragged all over town to put the finishing details on his wedding. He and Samantha are to be married next week. Their wedding had become the most talked about social even of the season but Samantha being her warm family oriented self wanted a regular wedding with no more than one paparazzi allowed on the inside. While Nicholas weny on and on with his complaining Sebastian's thoughts moved to what it would be like to marry Zoyé and a huge smile crossed his lips.

"Are you even listening to me?" He heard Nicholas ask.

"Oh yea sorry I got distracted"

"By a certain Brunette with a cute son currently living with my fiance perhaps?"

"What do you know about that?" Asked Sebastian with a chuckle.

"Well I do know I overheard her and my Samantha talking about you one day"

"She was talking about me?" He asked a little too eager even to his own ears. He heard Nicholas's laughter booming through the phone.

"So its true then, the billionaire bachelor doctor as fallen for the damsel in distress?"

"She's the most stubborn, hardheaded beautiful woman I've ever met. I want to be around her all the time she makes me act like a crazy caveman and Khile he's just so smart and adorable"

"You my friend have joined the love train. Welcome aboard" said Nicholas laughing again

"Love?" Sebastian asked in wonder

"Give it time. You'll know exactly what it is at the right point in time. I'm guessing right now you're at the 'I can't explain this crazy feeling stage'?

"Yea...something like that" now it was his turn to chuckle at his friend's analysis.

"When do you guys leave for Italy?"

"Right after the wedding"

At the word wedding Nicholas started complaining again and Sebastian couldn't help but laugh at his friend because he knew at the end of the day no matter how much he complained. Nicholas would do anything to make Samantha happy.