Chapter Twenty

After all the shinanagins Sunday, the week flew by. We were given multiple study guides for each class, our final for the subjects we wouldn't be having Thursday night (Research and Development, P&E, COW surprisingly,) and Wednesday night we were allowed out into the town to get some last minute things for Thursday night–like hair spray, makeup, Bobbie pins in the variety of also being used to undo hand cuffs. Oh, we were also allowed Thursday off to sleep in, study, and get ready for our final to make sure there's no outfit misfunctions, (clearly there wasn't any personal experience from the past–like a bra slipping off–that effected this option. What? It's not my fault they were loud when they were remembering that day as they talked about our final in the Sublevels before Alex and I walked into the classroom only days before...)

Since it is Wednesday and we were allowed out into town to grab last minute items, I decided not to do that and stay in my room with Kat to study while Jo went out and grabbed our items for us. Lexi on the other hand, told Jo not to do that and tried to get us, mostly me, out. She failed, miserably might I add, but continued to try.

"I got to say, Lexi, your determination to get us to go out into town with you is, uh, imierable. But I would stop while you're ahead." Kat said sounding way to perfesional, an easy sign to show she's stressed with this final tomorrow night. Lexi and I let out light laughs.

"Okay, let's see what I would deal with, running into Jake and his friends or staying here and listen to a stress Kat." I hummed as I thought about this.

"Stop humming Z Ann! I'm in the process of color coding!" Kat snapped at me making Lexi laugh and fall off her bed that she finally just got comfortable on.

"Come on, Z, if you're worried about getting ganged up on by a bunch of weakling boys, we can take them."

"On the contrary, Alexis. By doing so you will be risking our cover as Gallagher Girls." Kat chimed in. I nodded in agreement making Lexi roll her eyes.

"Well then, Katarina, we'll just bring Morgan along." Lexi said, using Kat's full name in a mocking tone. "That way he can hurt them for insulting his little sister."

Lexi grabbed the ends of my hair and let them fall through her fingers as she spoke, allowing me to roll my eyes. "If I say I'll go with you, will you leave let us study in peace?"

"Okay! You have fifteen minutes before I come back and then another five if you want to change." She looked over my outfit before smiling sweetly and leaving our dorm leaving Kat and I to mumble "thank god" under our breath and continue to study. After a few minutes of studying dinning with British royalty, Kat was done stressing and ended up going off to take a shower. After a few more minutes (as in like, one minute and forty seconds) Lexi came back saying that she gave me an extra twenty minutes and got my brother for us so I better have been ready. And with that she pulled me up from the floor where I was cleaning up notecards and notebooks and down the stairs since I did have on a pair on boots that were a combination of slippers and shoes to keep relaxed while studying and dealing with stress, over-the-top, proper Kat. As we approached the staircase, Morgan was leaning against the bannister at the end of it with a Blackthorne hoodie over his shoulder.

"Nice sweatshirt, Z." Morgan remarked not looking up from his shoes, a smirk evident. I was confusing till I remembered I was wearing my own Blackthorne hoodie that was given to me.

"Oh, yeah. Thanks. I stole it." I rolled my eyes as Lexi linked her arm with mine and then with Morgan's.

"Oh don't even start with the sibling bickering. There's stuff we need to buy like extra strong hairspray and setting spray for our makeup and–"

"Yes, Lex. We know. Don't need to give us the full list." This time it was Morgan's turn to roll his eyes. Before we left the property, he pulled his hoodie on, either deciding it was too cold for him or because he didn't want to look like an outcast being the only one out in the cold-enough-to-snow weather without a jacket.