Chapter 15: I love you!

Start from the beginning

I walk out and close the door.

God how embarrassing. I can't believe I just did that.

I walk up to the next door right beside.

I open the door very carefully and just peek inside the room. Peeta and Haymitch are there. Right room this time.

I sigh and walk in.

"What have you done?" Haymitch asks. "You look panicking".

I tell them about my embarrassing moment and Haymitch just roar in laugher. Peeta on the other hand smiles. But only halfhearted. He must be angry with me for just running off like that.

I tell them about the woman Felice, her father and the story he told me. Haymitch doesn't laugh anymore.

"So he knew your father?" He asks.

"Yeah", I say. "I didn't believe him at first, but than he told me about the lake and my dad and I were the only once that knew about the lake".

"Life is full of surprises", Peeta says.

He's really down. Have I caused Peeta to be this depressed?

"Peeta..." I say but he interrupts me.

"I know what you're gonna say Katniss, so don't", he says. "Just leave it okay, I'm fine".

"No your not, stop lying to yourself Peeta", Haymitch says rolling his eyes.

Peeta gives him a death glare.

"Out!" He says pointing on the door. "Both of you".

Oh no. He really is mad at me.

"Peeta..." I say, looking at him.

"Don't Katniss, please just, go", he say looking away.

Tears starts to flow down my eyes.

Haymitch puts a hand on my shoulder, looking at me with pity eyes.

I walk out with him.

"What am I going to do Haymitch?" I ask when we're out of the hospital. "He hates me, he really hates me, what am I gonna do?

"Tell him?"

"He doesn't wanna talk to me", I say.

"So talk to him when he comes home", Haymitch says.

Yeah. I need to do that. Peeta needs to know how I feel about him. My true feelings.

***

I don't get much sleep this night. My nightmares keeps waking me up. And the time I'm awake aren't much more peaceful, because the only thing I'm thinking about is Peeta.

I wake up the for like the fifth time now, feeling that someone's licking my face. Buttercup. He must be tired of hearing my screams.

"Hey Buttecup", I say and he lays down on the pillow beside my pillow.

Soon Buttercup starts snoring, and I smile to myself. I wish I could be as peaceful and careless as Buttercup. But I can't, because he's a cat and I'm a human. Human life is much more complicated than cat life.

I close my eyes and try to sleep again. But I can't, I'm not even tired anymore, and it can be because of the fact that I'm afraid of falling asleep. I know what's gonna happen, and I don't want that. I don't want to allow the nightmares in my head, and if I'm awake they can't get to me.

I look at the clock. It's morning anyway, so I might as well get up.

I walk down to the kitchen.

I've told Greasy Sae that she doesn't need to cook for me anymore, that I can do it myself. But this morning I just don't want to eat anything. The only thing I want is Peeta.

I look out of the window and see Peeta walking up the road.

"Peeta..." I whisper.

I run up to the front door, pulls it open and run out. I don't even care that I'm only in my red lace nightgown.

"Peeta!" I yell the loudest I can.

He stops and turns around.

I run up to him and jump up in his arms. I expect him drop me on purpose. I wouldn't blame him. But he doesn't. I don't trust him though, so I lock my legs around his waist before hugging him.

Tears starts to flow down my cheeks.

"Peeta now you're gonna listen to me", I say between my tears. "You have all right to be angry at me, but I really wish that you can forgive me, because the truth is..." My worlds gets drowned by my tears. I pull myself together and stop crying. "The truth is that ... I love you, Peeta", I say. "I love you with all my heart".

Peeta doesn't say anything. He only looks at me, as if to figure out if I'm lying. But I guess that he realized that I'm not.

He smiles.

"I love you too Katniss", he says. "You have no idea how much".

I let out a sigh but the tears flow down at the exact same moment.

I crash my lips onto his.

💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕

🖋1250✒️

YEY EVERLARK!!

Hehe how many of yous are happy that Everlark is finally together?

And if you're sad about ot because you think it's the end of the drama, I can assure you that the drama has only begun. I'm not kidding with you right now ;)

Please vote and comment to tell me what you guys thought about this chapter :)

I really wanna know what you guys think, because your comments makes me grow as an author :D

-Josephine xx