"But Maya.. you're hurting.." I said while putting my hand on her shoulder.

"Damn it Riley, do you ever listen to me?! I said I don't want to talk about it, that means I don't want to talk about it, is it that hard to understand or wrap your head around?" She retorted in anger.

"Do you want me to go?"

"Wow, there's a concept." She replied.

"You don't have to be rude because you got dumped, I'm only trying to help." I said bluntly to her.

"Just go. I don't want to deal with another fight right now and that's exactly where this conversation was heading." She said.

I got up and left to go home. When I got home it was rolling around 5 so I just laid in bed until about 630 when I knew just my mom would be up so I could go talk to her about all this. I wasn't going to involve her until I absolutely had to, but Maya is out of control and needs her help. When I walked out in the living room I saw my mom sitting on the couch drinking her morning coffee while watching the news.

"Hey mom.. can I talk to you?" I spoke up as I quietly walked towards the couch.

"Sure Riley. What has you up so early?" She asked as I sat down before she got a good look at me. "Have you even slept at all sweetie?"

"No, not even a little." I replied leaning my head on her shoulder.

"What's going on? Problems with Farkle?" She asked with a concerned tone.

"Nope. Guess again."

"There's no way it could be Maya." She replied.

"You would be correct. It is Maya." I responded trying to hold back tears.

"What happened?" She asked.

"It all started the other day at the bakery when she flipped out on Farkle and I, then she had a fights with Lucas the past few weeks which resulted in them breaking up last night and I'm sorry for not saying anything, but I left last night to go talk to her because I've been so worried about how she's acting it just doesn't make sense, and then when I tried helping her with her baby book yesterday she threw a tantrum and threw the book across the room and made me leave." I explained to her everything I could at the top of my head.

"What has her acting this way? Her and Lucas broke up?" She said in a confused, but worried tone.

"She has also been asking over and over again if she would be a good mom or if her mom would be proud of her. I don't understand what's going on with her, I just want my best friend back." I replied while hugging my mom while she stayed quiet for a moment, I could tell her mind was turning with all the information I just provided her with.

"I know what it is. She's scared to have this baby without her mom here." She finally said breaking the silence.

"What do you mean?"

"Riley, when you have a baby in the future wouldn't you want me involved with everything and to be there when the baby is born?" She asked me which I instantly knew what she's getting at.

"So you're saying that her mom's death and the hormones are taking a toll on her and she's depressed because she wants a mother figure with her when she delivers the baby and that's why she's prolonging baby stuff?" I asked.

"Exactly. She feels alone without her mother and she doesn't need to feel that way when she has me to step in and be that for her." She explained.

"Why didn't she just ask?"

"She's probably scared honey. I'll tell you what. I'm going to go get dressed. You go take a shower and get dressed, were going over to Maya's together to talk to her. I'll help having me there I promise. Maya has never turned down my help before and she won't start now." She instructed me and I did as she said.

God. I hope this works because I hate seeing Maya like this. It hurts me when she's hurt because she's my sister and this kills me that this is what she's been hiding from everyone. It literally all makes sense to me now. She wasn't acting out at all, it was a cry for help.