Allison

Hey y'all! Sorry this section is short... and that I haven't updated it in eons. I'm really sorry! I've just been super busy lately! I saw Fantastic Beasts yesterday. XD it was amazing!!!!!!!

Thank you all so much for reading and commenting on my story! You guys really are the best!

Cheers!

-Lai

"Sherlock, he's not coming."

"He has to come!" my fiancé shouted, slamming his laptop shut.

"If it's this much of a struggle, Sher, ask someone else!" I exclaimed. The wedding was a little under a month away, and let's just say I was getting nervous about this whole 'Mycroft being stubborn' thing. It was going too far.

"No! I've invested too much time and energy into this argument with him to back down now! I cannot lose!"

I put some clean mugs away and murmured, "Oh God, what am I marrying into?"

"I heard you."

"Good!" I slammed the cupboard shut. "Maybe it'll knock some sense into you."

He harrumphed and looked down into the mug full of coffee that I had handed him fifteen minutes prior. I finally put the last mug away and came back out into the living room where Sherlock was lying on the sofa.

"I'm going dress shopping with Mary, Molly, and Genny. Don't burn the house down, kay Sherlock?"

"Kay," he murmured absentmindedly.

I grabbed my coat and stepped out of the flat. Running down the stairs and outside, I hailed a taxi and gave the cabbie the name of the dress shop where I was going.

"Hello, ladies!" I called in a sing song voice as I entered the dress shop.

Molly, Mary, and Gen smiled at me and did silent cheering as I posed. Gen began to hum 'Here Comes the Bride' as I took a seat next to the three of them on the sofa. I smacked her so she would stop.

"I'm excited!" exclaimed Mary, clapping her hands.

I grinned. "I better hop to it then, huh!"

We scoured the place in search of the perfect dress. The boutique had tons of dresses by tons of designers, so naturally this endeavour took a long time.

The first dress I tried on was not a huge hit with Mary, Molly, or Genevieve, and I wasn't overly fond of it either. The store clerk who was helping us, however, absolutely loved it. It was pure white, with a big skirt with lots of gauzy layers, making me feel like I resembled a white cupcake. It was strapless, and had this odd beading down the bodice. I wasn't busty enough to pull off a strapless this low-cut. No thank you.

The second one was more of an ivory tone. It had a slim skirt, and beading from the top to the bottom. A little too flashy for my taste.

The third one was to poufy, and the fourth had a weird neckline. The fifth and sixth both made me look paler than a vampire, and I just wasn't feeling the seventh. Sixteen dresses later, Mary went off in pursuit of a new gown.

She finally returned with a gorgeous number, and I immediately tried it on. This was most certainly the dress I was walking out of here with.

It was pure white, and had a full skirt, but not so full that it looked poufy, and was covered by a beautiful floral lace. It had a sweetheart neckline, but the lace that covered the bodice and skirt went all the way up into a high neck and long sleeves.

"This is the dress." I said, walking out into the throng of ladies. They all squealed and clapped. "This is most certainly the dress."

"You look so beautiful, Allison!" cried Genevieve. I noticed she started to tear up. Immature.

"Don't you go crying on me, Genevieve, you know I don't deal with tears very well." I said, and she just laughed and shook her head.

"Thanks, Molly, for letting me stash the dress here," I said, hanging it up in her closet.

She shrugged. "No problem."

"I just don't want him to see it, and you know how he is."

She chuckled. "Yes, yes I do."

I suddenly realized something, and thought for a moment. "Is this whole thing awkward for you?"

"What? What do you mean?"

"Well, I know that you and Sherlock were... I dunno... a... thing?"

"We were many things, yes. Colleagues, yes. Friends... yes. But Sherlock Holmes was not my boyfriend, no matter how much I wanted him to be."

"Oh." Crap. This was awkward.

She turned to face me. "Understand, however, that I don't resent you for this. Not one bit. He chose you, and that is accepted by me. You should feel both lucky and doomed at the same time. Lucky that the cleverest man in the world, and possibly the greatest, asked you to marry him, and doomed for the same reason."

I laughed. "Sometimes I think he's crazy."

"That's because he is crazy."