Sherlock

Hey guys, sorry for the short post. I just didn't have much I wanted to write from Sherlock's point of view at this point, but I needed something to explain what is going to happen next. I want to personally thank all of you who've read and voted on my story. You guys are the greatest! You are what keeps me writing!

Cheers!

-Lai

"Did you and Ally have a domestic last night, Sherlock? You woke me up at one in the morning with all that screaming." Mrs. Hudson came bustling into my flat at seven, holding a tea tray. I rolled over on the sofa, choosing to ignore her. She set the tray down, and said, "Sherlock, you alright?" When I didn't reply, she left, grumbling to herself.

I wasn't alright. I'm not sure when I would be. I had no idea that Ally would react so violently towards my drug use, but then again, it probably brought back painful memories of her own. I could tell just by looking at her that she had once been a cocaine addict, and seeing me high had probably reminded her of when someone she cared about was telling her off for doing coke.

I needed to get cleaned up. I showered and shaved, then changed into my signature suit. I looked at myself in the mirror, turning a bit. I looked fine. I walked down the corridor, and grabbed my laptop as I plopped down on the sofa.

I wrenched it open, and put my head in my hands, resting my elbows on the keyboard. My life was a mess right now. No matter what I did to shut people out, to turn them away, I always ended up letting them in. And when I pushed them away again, they had a nasty habit of forcing their way back into my life.

Hence my relationship with Mycroft.

And now Ally.

People who loved me always ended up getting hurt because of it, and I needed to keep Ally from that. I fluffed my hair, closing my laptop. I wasn't sure why I had grabbed it in the first place. There was nothing that I had needed to know anyway.

Today was Christmas Eve, and that meant that Christmas was tomorrow. I slowly sank down into the sofa, concentrating on my breathing. It helped me organize my thoughts.

I rand down the corridor and into Mycroft's office. "Brother, you did a naughty thing." he sneered, so very patronizing. I felt small, like a child, and looking down at myself confirmed my belief.

"I know, Mycroft. Tell me how to fix it." I cried in desperation, throwing my arms up, helpless.

"No."

Angry, I tore out of the room, only faintly aware that I was an adult again. I tore into the mortuary, where Molly was attending to a cadaver.

"Molly!" I cried.

She turned to look at me, tears running down her face, her mascara running. "You can't keep hurting us like that."

"...Us?" I asked, slowly. I could feel my frustration rising. "Tell me how to fix it! How do I fix it!"

She went back to the cadaver she was attending. "No, no no." she mumbled. "No, you have to figure it out."

Why wouldn't anybody tell me anything!? Dashing around, frantically, I finally ran into a room that was all too familiar. The common room of 221c.

"Ally?" I called, tearing through the entire flat. She was nowhere. Why wasn't she here? She had a place in my mind palace, why wasn't she here?

I walked back through the corridor, out of her bedroom. On her low table there sat a box that I had seen upon entering the room. Intrigued, I walked over to it and picked it up. I unwrapped it carefully, staring at the contents. A deerstalker, a folded piece of paper, and some jewelry.

I finally knew what to do.

I opened my eyes, and sat up sharply. I picked up my mobile, checking the time. It was 10am, I had time. I pulled my coat on in one fluid movement, tied my scarf, and rushed out the door.