Chapter 8 - Loss

The phone rang though to the message bank but i didn't bother leaving a message, instead in went back inside.
As i walked inside Matt cam over to me, "So, where are they?" He asked looking at me.
"I don't know" I relied, "the didn't answer the call."
"Do you can anyway of knowing where they are?" He question as his face faded of his smile.
I though about what he said, then it hit me Chris had lost his phone a couple of days ago and when we found it i linked it with 'find my phone' so we can find it again if i loses it. "Actually i might" i tell Matt as i unlocked my phone and go into the app.

The app searches for the locations of the listed phone, the first shows mine at my location then Chris's which is in an abandon part of the city. "He's in the abandoned part" i tell Matt, locking my phone. "I gotta go" i say walking a back out the way i came. Matt court my arm preventing me, "I'm coming too, i just have to grab something out the back." He said releasing me and ducking behind the counter.

I didn't stand around waiting, instead i rushed out side to my motorbike putting the helmet on and kick starting it. The engine revved as i waited for Matt which didn't take long. He quickly hoped on putting his arms around me waist before riding off. There was little light left as the sun had almost gone completely down with the lights now illuminating the road a head of us. The traffic was pretty low for this time of night making it easier for me to navigate the traffic. Even tho we were in a rush we still had to obey the road rules.

***

It took us sometime to get close to Chris's location judging by my phone. The sun had completely gone down by now making the street lights our only source of sight. I pulled up just short of a building up the road which used to be a canned food factory. I jumped of the bike and hastily took off my helmet before running towards the building quickly followed by Matt loyally.

I stopped out side the gate which had barbed wire in top of it. The building was dark with no lights, probably because the power was cut when it went out of commission. Matt stood beside me and i turned to face him "how are we gonna get in i asked?" I asked and he just looked at me. He took off his leather jacket revealing a gun Halstead in a strap on his side. "Don't worry i have a license to carry one" says with a smile. "My fathers the chief of the police department, and i was told about the case he was working on", he continued and i dismissed the thought as he though his jacked over the barbed wire.

He gave me a lift, helping me climb over the fence before climbing it himself. He grabbed his jacket before we walked towards the building. I open the door entering the building slowly trying not to make a sound which was probably worse then opening it fast as it creaked all the way. Matt and i snuck inside, it was hard to see as the only light was through the windows from the street lights.

I pulled out my phone to check chris's location but his phone had gone of the grid, meaning someone new we were coming. "Chris's phones not showing anymore so he must be around here" I whisper to Matt, trying to keep my voice down. He knodded and moved towards the side doors of the main building. I did the same opening a could of doors but not finding anything.

We came to a set of red doors which were different from the others, it looked like it was the head office of the factory. Matt stood next to me, he reached down grabbing the handle and turned it slowly. He pushed the door open the room was dark and hard to see but i could make out a figure behind one of the chairs.Matt grabbed a small torch out of his pocket and shined it at the figure.

I was shoot with instants fear. Not for me, but for Chris who was tied to a chair. Standing behind him was Jordan who had foam dripping from his mouth and his eyes were bloodshot. He had a gun to Chris's head. All i could hear was mumbling from chris, almost like warning us.

"Why?" Jordan asked speaking to himself "Why did you have to fall in love with someone else?" He continued as he walked around to the side of Chris and crouched with the gun still to his head. "It couldn't just be you and me couldn't it" he stated which was more directed to Chris.

He stood so he was taller then Chris and looked directly at me. he whispered silently and clam faced like he turned of his emotions, "if i cant have him, then no one can".

The was a loud BANG at the sight i saw in front of me, the person who i cared and loved was gone. I dropped to the ground hearing another loud BANG but this time more dull and from behind. I could hardly see as my eyes filled with tears. I laid down on the ground now silently sobbing, not caring about what happens to me and a just wanting him back, back to me.

I laid there for a while till i stopped crying and not wanting to move or do anything, but i was soon lifted off the ground by a warm body. My first thought was Chris but a soon as i looked up i realised it was Matt who was looking down at me with a sad face with his eyes glossy like he was about to cry himself and began to cry into my paws again.

He took me outside and sat down on the steps, holding me in his arm as i sobbed into his shoulder. Matt shortly called the police and ambulance before going back to hugging me and making sure i was ok.

By the time i stopped i so tired that i just laid there until i fell asleep.

###
A/N - theres more to come but it will finish, sorry to cut it short but sometimes this you enjoy must always come to an end....or do they -spooky lightning- OoOoOoOoh