Chapter 5 - When one door closes a window opens

I feel a buzzing in my pocket and pull out my phone, and realise that i was getting a call from Aunt Lilly. I let the others walk ahead before answering it.
"Hey lilly" i say trying to be cheerful
"Soooo how's it going?"
"Well, Chris's boyfriend decided to surprise him and now chris has to make a choice which i'm feel a little concerned about"
"Oh" she replied sounding sad
"Its ok, i know what's right even though i don't like it and the only reason id be doing it is because i care about people"
"Mmmhmm" lilly groaned not sounding convinced
"Basically i'm removing my self from the situation" informing her of my plan
"Ok then...but you realise your gonna end up in the deep end so its sink or swim"
"I know, i've always been a good swimmer, figuratively and literally" agreeing with her
"Im sure of that"
"So whats excuse so i can leave them be?" I ask
"Tell them that Al's sick and i want you to look after him. Ok, i gotta go, love you and don't get your self hurt."
"Ok, bye"

I run over to Jordan and chris who have stopped.

"Sorry guys but i gotta go. Lilly called say that Al's sick and wants me to look after him." I tell them, before whispering in chris' ear. "Have fun" i say smiling before walking back the way i came.

"We could come with you, if you want of course" Chris said unsure.

"Na, it's fine. You to have catching up to do anyway" i say with a smile. I walk back to the school to pick up my motorcycle. Im still trying to find a way to remove my self even if its literally, actually thats a pretty good idea but I'm gonna need a reason if i'm doing that.

I arrive at the school and get on my motorbike staring up again and ride off trying not to think about it. I rode to the other side of town to an old restaurant that i used to go to when i was a kid. I used always get a bowl of chips cause they were the best. I park up out the front of it pulling off my helmet before walking inside. The great time me and my brother had here and how innocent we were back then.

The restaurant is busy and the smell of food targets my appetite, i walk over to the register where a white and purple wolf is waiting.
"Hello" he greats in a cheerful voice. "How can i help you?"
"I doubt you could help me with my situation but could i get a bowl of chips, thank you"
"Sure thing, thats 3.50," he says and i give him the money "and what makes you think i cant help?" he adds raising an eyebrow
"Well love is complicated especially when one person is in love with two people, and i need to figure out how to remove myself from the situation so its just them two" i explain to him "i though about going away for a while since school ends shortly but ill have to organise something if thats gotta happen".
"Well, i'm Matt and I'm about to finishing work and you can tell me more about this mystery girl over lunch?" He offered kindly.
"Ahhh" i turn a little red "he's a guy and sure if that doesn't change anything" i state
"Oh, na thats fine i've learnt to not judge. Here's you chips" he says with a smiles, "i be out in a sec" he disappears out the back.

I grab the bowl of chips and pick a seat over near the window and begin eating my chips as i wait for matt to come back. He walks out with two drinks.

"Hope you like chocolate cause i made us chocolate milkshake" he said with a smile before handing me one and sitting opposite to me.
"I love chocolate milkshakes, thank you"
He steals a chip from me but i don't acknowledge it, "so you said that you thought about removing you self from the situation, well my uncle owns a farm outta town and i sure he would let you stay as long as you help out obviously"
"Actually that might be a pretty good idea" I agree.

He grabs a piece of paper and a pen out of his pocket before writing on it and hands it to me. "Here's my number"
I enter it in my phone and message him so he gets mine, "did that work?"
"Got it" he replied "so do you wanna tell me about this whole situation and then i may even tell you about me"
"Well...."

***

We continued talk for a while and got to know each other some more before i had to leave and head home. He says that he prefers to live in town but dosent mind help out no the farm much. He also told me that he'll find out over the next day or two wether they need help over the school holidays.

I had a pretty good time but i had to leave cause i still got two days of school left and anything could still go wrong during that time, why did i have to fall for someone who had a boyfriend.