Chapter 7 - Not Quite As Planned

As i was walking out the door i felt my phone I'm my pocket go off.
Buzz
Buzz
Buzz
I stop on the veranda answering Chris's call.
"Hello?" I ask not knowing what hes gonna say.
"Well i talked to jordan about us and he said that we should meet up at that coffee shop you where talking about on the other side of town" he said be for contueing "But he seems really upset about it but im sure he'll be fine"
"Yea ok" i say doubtfully
"Anyways, ill meet you at school. Bye" he finished
"Bye" i say hanging up before continuing to walk.
I shrug of the thought about james cause i guess it can only be a natural response to the situation.

***

I walked through the school gates and look up at the sky which is now a dark grey and will most likely rain. I was about to continue walking but i got court out by one of my friends Caitlin who's a tiger and is a little shorter then me.
She looked angry as she had her arms crossed "where have you been?" She asked raisin an eyebrow, "you've disappeared over the last couple of days"
"Oh, hey small" i greet, "well i've been kinda court up in something at the moment so yea i've not had much time talking to you and all" I continued
"Im not small" se pouted. "so whats been keeping you busy then?" She asked intently
"Well theres this guy and such and now we have to fix our relationship cause his boyfriend who he left has surprised him and a whole lode of other stuff" i say making it sound more time consuming even tho in fact i really wasn't that busy i just wanted to spend time with him.
I She gave me a grimsome smile "so when are you meeting next?" She asked grabbing my arm in her iron grip stopping my escape.
I try to puller off but she still holding on, "We're meeting up after school, but you cant come" i told her as i pried one of her paws off.
she smiled then pouted at my comment "awwwwe, why cant i come" she asked releasing me
"Cause I need to settle things with them and maybe after thats done you can com next time" i arranged making her face lighten up. The bell rang, "ok, i gotta go" i say quickly rushing off.

***

I sat with my friends today rather then Chris incase he changed his mind about the meet. When the school finished i headed home before going to the cafe/restaurant And messaged Chris to make sure he was still coming.

Once i arrived home i walked out to my bedroom and grabbed a nice light blue check shirt and some jeans before heading to the bathroom. I turned on the tap in the shower before stripping of my clothes and stepping in. I washed my fur as I let the steamy water run down my body. As soon as i was clean i stepped out grabbing a towel and dried my fur before putting on the clothes i grab earlier.

I always dressed up nice when heading out and I guess this counted as one of those occasions.

As i was walking out i grabbed the keys to the bike, my wallet and my phone. I press the home button on my phone to see if i have any messages and i get one from Chris, i says:
Sorry Matt but we're running well meet you there in like 30min, love you. See you then
Oh, so he does care. That encouraging to know that he's made a choice a think to my self making me smile.

I pull up at the restaurant, kicking down the stand before pulling of my helmet and sitting it on the seat. I walk inside and to the registers. To my surprise is Matt the white and purple wolf.
"Hello again. Come to see me have you?" He asked in his normal cheery voice.
i give him a nice smile, "heh, yea. Well i'm sorta meeting up with my friends to sort out this problem, you know" i say scratching my head.
"Na, its fine. I understand" i head looking down at the register almost sad like. He reached under the desk and grabbed out a rose, "well you'll need this then" he said handing it to me with a warm smile.
"Thanks" i reply grabbing it out of his paw returning his kind smile. "They'll be a bit late so do you have a table for 3?" I asked.
"Yea the one over near the window" he said leaning over the counter and pointing towards the table. "I'll be over to take orders shortly when they arrive" he continued.
"Thanks again. I mean it" i say before making my way over to the table and sitting down before staring at the window.

***

I heard a clunk on the table of a fresh cold glass of soft drink, It was matt.
"I'd though i bring you this, on the house of course while you wait" he said smiling before going back to work.
I check my phone to see that it has only been 5 minutes and they said they would be about 30 min minus the time it took to get here so about 20 minutes.

I sat there waiting for them to arrive minute by minute, the rose sat in front of me staring at me showing that i was alone. My thoughts were interrupted as soon as Matt sat down across from me.
"Are you sure your friends are fine, cause its been 30 minutes since i spoke to you" he stated making me worry that they've probably ran away together but it isn't something Chris would. Was it something Jordan would though?
"Yea your right, ill give them a call and see where there at" i say before standing, "i'll be out side abit" I continued, walking out into the cool night breeze seeing the sun go down.

I deil Chris's number and let it ring.