Did a Dragon Just Flew by Us?

The first thing Jack noticed was they were in an island in the middle of nowhere. He looked around to see the a good view of the ocean, behind him was a tropical forests and from a far he could see the fruits hanging from the trees. If one were to add a hotel, it would have been a famous vacation spot back in his world. North noticed and grinned, "Beautiful, ain't it? This land belongs to the Guardians. I was planning on building a vacation home for us. So we could rest for a while after each season..." He sighed. "But with Pitch out and about, I guess we'd have to postpone those plans for a while."

He walked forward with Jack trailing behind him. "I know you have a lot of questions but I don't have much time to stay around." He  took out a pocket watch from his pocket, "It would only take weeks for Pitch to destroy this world."

"Weeks?" Jack looked around, uneasy. "How could he move so fast?"

North's shoulders slumped down. "It's this world, Jack. Where we lived, Pitch could only affect the children." He then turned to Jack, "Remember what I said earlier? We exist in this world."

Jack paled in realization. "He can strike fear in anyone."

"Yes." North faced the ocean. "Be it adult, a child, or an animal, Pitch can harm them." He squeezed his shoulder reassuringly. "I know it's a lot to take in but I believe in you, Jack. We all believe in you." He then started rummaging through his pockets, "Now, some guidelines to remember. Anyone can see us. To them, you're just an ordinary boy with white hair."

"Okay, that makes me feel less nervous on being left alone here."

"I do suggest you hide your powers. There might be magic in this world but people can still panic and jump to conclusions although you can get mistaken for a god. I say go with it." He winked at him. 

Jack shrugged. "I doubt it will be that hard. Now that I got a quick feel of the place, I think it'll be easy. It feels exactly like home. I was expecting a challenge, really-"

It was then that a huge creature flew above him and let out a roar. It suddenly breathed out fire, hoping to burn the poor bird it was chasing. Luckily, the bird glided out of the way just in time and the chase continued. Jack blinked then turned to North,  "Did a dragon just flew by us?"

"Yes." He answered, completely unfazed.

Jack frowned. "You're really leaving me all alone in this world, one I've never been to, that has live fire-breathing dragons? The man nodded. Jack gave him a fake smile, "Well, time to go home then! I'm sure once Pitch sees those dragons, he'd pack up and leave too."

He started to rummage North's pockets for a snow globe but he stopped him with a chuckle. "Now, Jack! Don't be silly. Don't forget you have strong powers. Powers that were able to defeat Pitch. I'm sure those dragons are no match for you." He paused, "Although I'm sure hiding is a better option." He then grabbed a folded piece of paper from his coat and opened it. "Back to business, here's a map of this world. I've been told you need to go to three places: Berk, Dunbroch, and Arendelle."

Jack, who gave up trying to go back home, nodded. "Fine. Are there any helpful descriptions of these people who'll help me? To make my search easier?

North hummed in thought, trying to remember the Man in the Moon's instructions. "You need to find the heir of each place. I was told they'll be the one to help you the most."

Suddenly, North's pocket watched started to go hum to the tune of Jingle Bells. North turned it off and gave Jack a map as well as a small sack of gold coins. "This is enough to get you a few supplies." He gave him a sad smile. "I'm really sorry you have to do this alone, Jack. I promise, after Christmas is over, Bunnymund and I will help you. I'm sure Tooth and Sandy can handle things on their own back home."

Jack finally smiled back. "Thanks, North. Good luck with Christmas. Make sure the kids won't go crazy with their snowball fights."

"You can do this, Jack. Good luck." He said his goodbye and with another smash of a snow globe, he was gone.

Jack picked up his staff and looked at the map. Seeing that Berk was the nearest, he turned to face the waters. "Berk it is." He quickly folded the map and hid it in the pocket of his hoodie.

He then jumped and rode along with the wind wondering what's so special about Berk and what they had to offer to defeat Pitch.