Chapter 37- Meeting Again

As people were leaving the tent to head inside Shad Hall for the luncheon, I stayed behind, scanning the Yard for Tyler. Luckily, the rain had died down or else I would've been soaked.

I spotted him standing by the gate, looking extremely dashing in a dark gray suit.

God, what was wrong with me? This was the same guy that had lied, cheated, and slapped me. How could I even dare to think about how good-looking he was?

Tyler turned his head around to look at me when he heard my approaching footsteps. I stood right in front of him, and at that moment, mixed emotions began to flood my mind.

Seeing Tyler again after all these years was definitely hard for me, to say the least. A sharp pain hit my chest as I remembered everything that had led to our huge fight, and ultimately, break-up.

We just stood there, not having a clue what to say. I didn't dare to look up at Tyler's face in case I got the urge to slap him for all the hurt he had caused me.

"I see you brought flowers. Are they for your new Harvard girlfriend?", I finally asked in a bitter tone.

"They're for you," Tyler replied, handing me the bouquet of pink tulips.

Oh, how I missed his voice...

He had an unreadable expression on his face as I stared at him, completely speechless. His deep brown eyes were just as I remembered them. And those plump lips...

My, Tyler had become even more handsome and sexier than before.

I observed his sharp facial features, including his strong, chiseled jaw and defined cheekbones. He certainly had gotten a bit older over the past few years, but nonetheless was beyond attractive.

"Why did you come here?", I asked, quickly dismissing those thoughts as I crossed my arms in front of my chest.

"I couldn't possibly miss your graduation. We both know how important this day was to you," Tyler said with a smile.

...He remembered?

For a moment, I almost wanted to just throw my arms around him. Already, I could feel my knees weakening and insides melt.

Screw him for making me behave this way.

Taking a deep breath, I regained my composure. We were both grown adults now, capable of having a civilized conversation without letting the past get in our way.

"Thank you, it means a lot," I said, returning his smile.

"Anytime. And Christine, there's something I need to tell you."

"What is it?"

Tyler suddenly directed his attention to my left hand that was holding the flowers. He looked stunned for a moment, but then pure resentment crossed his face.

"Wait a minute, you're engaged?", Tyler asked urgently.

"Yes. Isn't it beautiful?", I replied, showing him the ring that Damon had gotten for me.

"Who's the lucky guy?"

Tyler's face grew livid with anger and jealousy as he awaited my response, his eyes narrowed and lips drawn together in a tight line. Boy, he looked as if he could murder somebody right now.

"Damon Parker. We went to college together," I told him.

"I see. So you've moved on, huh?"

"Of course I did! What, were you expecting me to spend the rest of my life waiting to get back together with you or something?"