Chapter 23- Playing Rough

"Holy shit, those guys are not giving Seguin any space," Andrew commented during the third period.

It was true. Ever since Tyler scored the Bruins' their third goal during a power play in the second period, the Avalanche defense made sure that he was guarded at all times. The puck hadn't been passed to him ever since the start of the period, and boy was he mad.

Landeskog, a left winger for the Avalanche, currently had possession of the puck, making his way down towards the goal. He passed it to his teammate, McGinn, who was wide open. After coming out onto the ice for a line change, Tyler sped towards the both of them, attempting to steal the puck. Once he finally had possession of it, he skated the opposite direction towards the Avalanche's goal.

Immediately, three defenders from the opposing team came charging after him at lightning speed. The next thing I heard was the loud, rattling bang of the glass board. Everyone was instantly up on their feet, with looks of shock and horror on their face. What on earth was going on?

The game stopped and I stood up, looking towards the right where all the players were currently gathered. I couldn't see them very well since we were seated near the bottom, but judging from the sudden silence of the fans, something bad had occurred. Apparently, there was a player down. And he happened to be Tyler Seguin.

It felt as if time froze. My heart pounded in my chest as I took in the scene. Chara was arguing with the three defenders that had chased Tyler down. No doubt the sound of the glass board banging came from him being shoved into it. Coach Julien looked absolutely furious, along with the other Bruins. The referee quickly ordered the medical staff out to attend to Tyler.

The minute he was able to get back up, I gasped in horror at the sight of him. His nose was severely bleeding, and there were several cuts and bruises on his face. The worst was the one on his bottom lip. Marchand and Boychuk had to hold Tyler up since he could barely even stand.

Anger fueled inside of me as I glared at the Avalanche players that had caused him this. How could they be so violent and aggressive? The thought of three, huge hockey players slamming Tyler into the board made me feel sick. Dear god, I hoped he was ok.

Do you know what it feels like to see someone you care so much about getting hurt but not be able to do anything about it? Believe me, it's the worst feeling in the world.

I looked over at Savannah, who was standing there, nervously biting her lip. My eyes went back towards the ice and a wave of relief rushed over me when I saw Tyler heading back to sit on the bench. The blood had been wiped from his face, but the cuts were still very noticeable.

The Avalanche were given a penalty, which gave us an advantage for the rest of the period since there were only a few minutes left. Tyler never came back onto the ice, being that he had just gotten injured. In the end, the Bruins won with a score of 4-2, and I couldn't have been more proud of them.

"Hey, you ready to go?", Andrew asked me as people were starting to leave a while later.

"Well Tyler wanted me to come home with him tonight, but he's injured right now. So I don't know what I'm supposed to do," I replied.

At that moment, I heard someone calling my name. I turned my head towards the ice to see Coach Julien standing there. Was something wrong? Savannah and Andrew said that they'd wait for me and then I headed over to him.

"You must be Tyler's girlfriend," Coach Julien said with a warm smile. He seemed like a really nice man.

"Yes I am. It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Coach," I replied, shaking his hand.

"You're probably wondering why I called you over here. I told Tyler to go see a doctor as soon as possible, but he keeps insisting that he's fine. But for sure the cuts on his face need to be stitched up. Maybe he'll listen to you since you're his girlfriend. Can you make sure he does?"