Chapter 19- He's Mine

Thunder clapped in the distance as I stirred, unable to go back to sleep. It was nearing morning so I decided to just wake up. I turned around to be greeted by Tyler's smiling face. His arm still had a secure grip around my body. Waking up next to him made me feel content and safe at the same time.

"Did you sleep well?", he asked me.

"Very. So, do you have anything planned for today?"

"Brad's having a party at his place tonight. He's got a massive outdoor hot tub, too," Tyler replied.

"Sounds fun," I said with a smile.

That's when I remembered that I had forgotten to bring my swimsuit. I'll just buy one at the mall later.

We both got off the couch and Tyler went to shower. The weather sure didn't look promising. Hopefully it'd clear up in time for Brad's party. I decided to call my brother to see how he was doing with football camp.

"What's up lil sis?"

I pondered whether to tell Aaron about me and Tyler yet or wait until later. How would he react? I took a deep breath and opted to spill the news. The sooner the better, right?

"I'm dating Tyler Seguin," I confessed.

"Are you serious?! No way!", he exclaimed in disbelief. "Do mom and dad know?"

"No...," I said slowly.

"Christine, listen to me. Tyler is going to be nothing but trouble. I mean come on, he's a hot shot hockey player in the NHL. What makes you think he won't hurt you like Karl did?" Aaron objected, raising his voice.

"He's nothing like Karl!", I protested.

"How did this even happen?", he demanded.

"I ran into him at the beach a few days ago and we hung out. For god's sake Aaron, he remembered me from last winter. Doesn't that have to mean something?!" Silence overcame us both and all I could hear was the sound of Aaron's heavy breathing on the other end.

"Do you trust him?", he finally spoke.

"If I didn't, why would I even be dating him?", I replied coldly.

"Look, I'm sorry for making you angry. I just don't want to see my baby sister heartbroken again," he said with a sigh.

"It's ok. How's NFL camp?", I asked him, quickly changing the subject.

"Great. Our first game of the season is against the Packers in a few weeks."

At that moment, Tyler walked into the living room...with only a towel wrapped around his waist. His eyebrows were creased and he looked at me questioningly. My eyes widened at the sight and I had to blink my eyes to make sure they weren't deceiving me.

"Umm, I have to go. I'll talk to you later," I muttered to Aaron, setting my phone down. I headed over to Tyler, forcing myself not to stare at his abs.

"What's going on? I heard you yelling out here. Was that your ex on the phone?", Tyler asked.

"No, it was just my brother," I reassured. "He's training with the Colts right now."

"Your brother plays for the Colts?!", he exclaimed. I nodded. "Wow, he must be good. Hey, you still didn't tell me why you were yelling at him."

"I told Aaron how we were dating and he said that you'd end up hurting me like my ex did. It's not like all the guys in the world are cheaters. I know he's just looking out for me, but I can make my own decisions," I explained.

"I don't blame him. If any of my sisters went through what you did, I sure wouldn't want them around any guys for quite a while, too," he said.

I just wanted to wrap my arms around Tyler and hug him right then and there. He was so sweet and understanding. What more could you ask for in a guy? Marshall finally woke up and dashed over to us, his tongue hanging out of his mouth. I bent down to give him a pat when he began to tug on Tyler's towel. It dropped to the floor and I shrieked, quickly shielding my poor eyes with my hands.