Chapter 27- Something More

In June, the Boston Bruins had a victory of their own, defeating the Edmonton Oilers in the final game of the Stanley Cup. Savannah and I got to witness it all from our front row seats at TD Garden, courtesy of Andrew's mother. We both went out to celebrate with the team that night at a hotel, partying until the break of dawn.

Tyler and I ended up spending the majority of his offseason in sunny California. I was sitting on the balcony of our hotel that overlooked the Golden Gate Bridge, taking in the breathtaking scenery. Although it was currently summer, the weather up here in San Francisco was pretty chilly, especially because of the wind. Residents called it the "bay effect".

"Hey, are you ready to go?", Tyler asked me as he was buttoning up his shirt.

"Yup," I replied, heading inside to grab my purse.

"You look amazing by the way," he remarked, grinning.

"Why, thank you," I said in a dramatic voice, causing him to chuckle.

Tonight was our one-year anniversary and Tyler had made reservations for us at a seafood restaurant downtown. When we got there, my eyes widened at how fancy and decorative the place was.

The booths were all made from genuine leather, with antique paintings of San Francisco lining the walls. What captivated me the most was the giant marble fountain in the center. I sure couldn't wait to see how the food tasted.

After Tyler and I finished our delicious lobster dinner, he reached into his pocket and pulled out a small box that had the Tiffany & Co. logo printed on it.

"I got you a little something," he said, placing the box in my hand.

"Ty, you didn't have to."

A smile grew on Tyler's face as he watched me open the lid, revealing a stunning diamond necklace with a teardrop-shaped pendant. It came with a pair of matching earrings, too. This must've cost a fortune!

"Here, let me put it on for you," Tyler offered. His cool fingertips brushed my neck as he fastened the necklace around it.

"Thank you so much, it's beautiful," I said, kissing him on the cheek.

"Anything for you, babe," he replied with a grin.

We drove to the Golden Gate Park afterwards and walked along the bridge. Later on, the wind started to pick up, the sound of the bay water crashing beneath us. Being the gentleman that he was, Tyler took off his jacket and wrapped it around my trembling shoulders, since all I had was a dress on.

During the car ride back to our hotel, Tyler kept glancing at me with lustful eyes as his hand moved up and down my bare thigh. It was obvious what was running through both of our minds right now. Thank god we were almost there because I couldn't control my need and desire any longer.

Once we stepped into our room, Tyler roughly pushed me up against the wall before crashing his lips on mine. I gasped as he tugged at my bottom lip with his teeth, demanding entrance, which I granted. His tongue massaged mine, exploring my mouth as our hips grinded against each other.

Eventually, Tyler and I stumbled towards the bed, immediately ridding ourselves of all the clothes we had on. His tall, overpowering frame hovered over mine as he made love to every inch of my body, sending me into a world of pure and utter bliss.

***

The expression Tyler had on his face when he saw the early Christmas present I had gotten him was priceless. See, Savannah and I were at an animal rescue shelter earlier this week, and a golden lab puppy had instantly caught my attention. Since Tyler only had one dog, I'd decided to buy him another one to keep Marshall company.

"Holy crap, he's adorable! It is a boy, right?", Tyler asked excitedly. He was such a child at heart.

"Yup. What are you going to name him?", I questioned with a smile.

"Hmmm...How about Miller?"

"Gee, I wonder where that came from," I replied, pretending to look clueless.

"You know you like it," Tyler teased as he picked Miller up, carrying him in his arms.

"Can't say I don't."

"You're seriously the greatest girlfriend ever," he said with a huge grin, planting a kiss on my forehead.

In January, I had the pleasure of meeting Tyler's parents in Canada. They treated me like I was already a part of their family while I stayed at their house. His younger sisters, Cassidy and Candace, were extremely friendly, too. I couldn't even remember how many times we went shopping together.

"Paul and I have seen a change in Tyler's lifestyle ever since he met you. Back then, he used to party and sleep around with a bunch of these slutty girls that I'd never approve of," Tyler's mom said to me as we were washing the dishes one night.

"You must be glad then, huh?", I replied with a smile.

"Very. I just hope that he doesn't do anything stupid. You're such a smart and beautiful young lady. I'd sure hate to have anything happen to you because of my son."

***

As the months went by, my feelings for Tyler grew stronger. It reached the point where he became my reason to breathe everyday. I hadn't seen or heard from him in weeks since the Stanley Cup Playoffs were occupying most of his time.

At night, I kept having these wild, vivid dreams about Tyler with a bunch of other girls. Whether they were true or not, I didn't know. Nor did I care. I trusted him with all my heart, and that was all that mattered.

It was a hot and humid day in June. Savannah and I were spending it at the beach with several of our other friends from college. For the second year in a row, the Bruins had made it into the Stanley Cup Final. They were in Pittsburgh right now for their first game tonight against the Pens.

Tyler had finally called earlier this morning to ask how I was doing. It felt so wonderful to hear his voice after all these weeks. I sure was looking foward to the day I'd see him again.

There was something I had been wanting to tell Tyler in person for a while now. When we first began dating, I definitely felt attracted to him. But after being together for nearly two years, that attraction had gradually developed into something more.

Love.

There was no denying it. I was hopelessly in love with Tyler Paul Seguin. But the question was, did he love me back?

A/N- Finally, the moment we've all been waiting for! So, what do you guys think? Does Tyler love Christine? If so, how will he react when she admits her feelings to him? As you may have noticed, this chapter foreshadows a lot of what is to come. I'm not going to give anything away, though. It's up to you guys to read on and find out.