Chapter Twenty Seven

Start from the beginning

"But you said the plan was to leave together! It was your plan! I'm not going alone!" she pulled her hands away from him.

"Sienna you have to go. You have to save yourself and you won't be alone. I'm going to meet you in a few days, after everything gets sorted out here, I promise,"

"And if you never come? Then what? How can I be sure you'll come find me after this?"

"Because I love you!" he yelled at her.

"Then come with me like we originally planned!" she shouted back at him.

"Sienna think of the hundreds of students here. I have to do my part to save them. They don't deserve this fate," he told her patiently.

"Then I will stay here and help with anything I can. It's my school too. Then we can leave together when everyone is okay," she compromised.

"But you can't stay here, Sin. It's too dangerous," he whispered. He was trying to contain himself but he was getting agitated with her. He didn't want to let out his anger on her. She was just trying to help and he understood that. It would just be so much easier if she went along with the plan. The last thing he needed was for her to be in the way tomorrow. Things were going to get crazy at the school and he needed to focus his attention on helping his dad with saving everyone. He wouldn't be able to concentrate if he had to worry about Sienna.

"I'm not leaving without you, Tristan," she said with certainty in her voice. Any other time he would've admired her conviction but right now it was proving to be a problem.

"You have to leave. I won't be able to protect you tomorrow. Things will get out of control here. I'll be at peace if I know you're safe,"

"You don't need to protect me. And also how am I supposed to be at peace if I know you're trying to save an entire school from powerful and insane people on your own?" she said to him.

"I won't be on my own, Sin. I have help," he confessed.

"Who's going to help you? Have you told the others?" she pressed.

"The less you know, the better okay? I'm just trying to protect you,"

"Keeping me in the dark is not the way to protect me. The more I know the better I'll know how to help." She insisted. She wasn't about to let this go. What if he failed and she never saw him again? She couldn't live with that. All for one and one for all. They either escaped together or perished together.

"You'll be more help if you leave tonight, please," this was the first time Sienna had ever heard Tristan sound like he was begging. He was always so cold and unemotional.

"Tristan I am not leaving you alone here and that's final."

"I will drag you out of here myself and put you in that car. You are getting as far away from here as possible and that's final." If Sienna hadn't known Tristan she would be highly intimidated right now with the way he was standing so close to her and glaring.

"Well I'm sorry to break it to you, Tristan, but just like I can't make you go with me, you can't make me leave so really there's no point in standing here and arguing about it."

"Pack your bags Sienna. You're leaving tonight," he said and before she could say anything back he walked away. He was so infuriating. She felt like yelling and shaking him to see if she could knock some sense into him. How could he be so ridiculous? Didn't he understand that everything would be easier if there was an extra hand helping out with the plan?

'He said he wasn't alone, though.'

If he wasn't doing this on his own then who was helping him? Sienna knew Tristan didn't have any friends at the school. She couldn't help but wonder who it was that he was counting on. She also questioned why he felt as if he couldn't tell her who the person helping him was. Didn't he trust her by now? Hadn't they been through enough together? What would it take for him to trust her fully?