Chapter 33: Blood, Dirt, and Tears

Start from the beginning

"Lucas, can I have a moment with her?" Dominic asked.

Lucas nodded. "Ya," he said over his shoulder. "I'll be out in the kitchen sis."

"Ok," I replied as I pushed myself up, swinging my legs around so I sat on the edge of the bed.

Lucas closed the door behind him, leaving Dominic alone with me. He zipped to me and knelt down so he was eye to eye with me. "Tell me, can you feel him?"

"Yes," I replied.

He let out a sigh of what looked like relief. "That's good."

I shook my head. "He's hurting so bad Dom–" I paused and let out a shaky breath. "I'm scared. I–" my voice cracked as Dominic moved to sit next to me

He pulled me into a hug while tears slid down my cheeks. "I know, I know this feeling," he sighed out. "When I lost Lizzie, I lost my mind. I went completely mad, I didn't think that type of pain was even existent. It was so unbearable; there were days I would starve myself then wait for the sun to rise so I could end this.

"If I can, I will never have you experience anything like that. I will not have you know that kind of pain."

My lip quivered while more tears slid down my face. "What does she want with them?"

"I have some theories as I am sure everyone else does, but let's get going again. I know you're scared and hurting, but we need to move." He tilted my chin up so I could look into his icy blue eyes. "You are Hadrian King's daughter, and no one fucks with a King and gets away with it. We find him, we find her, and then you show her what a monster truly looks like."

I let out a long breath, my wolf growling out in approval. "Ok."

He quickly kissed my forehead and brushed some tears away. "That's my girl. I'll let you get dressed. Do you want some coffee?"

"Yes please," I breathed out. "Thank you, Dom."

He smiled softly at me. "You're the only family I have Charlotte. Don't thank me, this is what we do for each other."

I blinked back tears then hugged him again. He kissed my crown while I kept trying to reach Ethan. "I'll bring Wynona. I want her to check on all of you. I know it's hard, but you can't run yourself down–we need you strong."

"Ok," I said as I pulled away. I stood up and wiped some more of the wetness away from my eyes. "Will you send Evan in when he gets here?"

"Of course," he replied before he headed to the door. "We'll be in the kitchen."

I stood alone in the room and walked over to our bags. Our bags that smelled like him. His scent alone made my heart ache and my beast howl out.

"Ethan?" I waited, held my breath but there was nothing. Blinking back tears I started to dig around for something not covered in blood to wear. "If you can hear me–just hold on. I'm going to find you. I promise I will find you. I love you just do what you have to do to stay alive," I rushed out, my voice desperate and my wolf whining out to her mate.

"Levi?

I waited, but again there was nothing. I blinked back more tears and sucked in a sharp breath while I started to change out of my dress and into some comfortable yoga pants, a sports bra, and a tank.

"Levi I love you. We're going to find you just hold on, ok? Just stay alive–"

There was a knock on the door, startling me and causing me to slightly jump. "It's me, Char," Evan called out.

I let out a relieved breath and walked to the door, opening it to see Evan; tired eyes and a beast as worried and almost as broken as mine. "Hey."

He pulled me into a hug and kissed my cheek. "We're going to find him."