11

Xhex P.O.V.

When I woke up I noticed it was only around 6 a.m., but I couldn't go back to sleep, so I decided to get up. I walked over to the bathroom down the hall and looked at myself in the mirror. I looked awful. My hair was a mess, I had bags under my eyes, and worst of all, tear stains. I had told myself I wouldn't cry, but I guess my sleep chose differently, and that's when I remember why I couldn't get back to sleep. I was having nightmares about Ian and breaking up.

I could remember it all in detail.

*dream*

I was walking down the corridor of what seemed to look like my old elementary school. The posters and drawings teachers hung on the bright yellow walls, posters reading multiple slogans to stay drug free and always be kind. The big blue doors always seemed large, considering my small size, and yet in the dream they still did.

I looked down at myself to see I was a kid again, in my dark blue uniform, consisting of a skirt and and dress shirt. Quite ugly actually.

But there was one thing out of place. No one was around. No kids, no teachers. No one. And the farther I walked, the more abandoned it looked. Papers scattered, paint chipping.

I had finally reached the end, and I saw a shadow behind the window of the door in front of me. I opened the door to reveal a boy about my age. He was facing away, so all I saw was his back, and light brown hair.

I went up to him, slowly reaching towards his shoulder, one finger out stretched, about to tap his shoulder, when he turned around. He reached a hand out to touch my own, holding it in his. We stood for a few minutes, looking at each other, until something happened.

He started to age and grow, I looked down to see I was, too. It was like we were being fast forward through years until we reached about 15 years later I'm guessing. That's when I looked back at him, to find it was Ian standing in front of me the whole time.

I went to hug him but he pushed me back. I fell into what seemed like a portal almost. I was fading away, and he was saying something to me, but I couldn't hear. And that's when it ended.

*end of dream*

What was that all supposed to mean? Was I going to loose Ian forever or something like that? That couldn't possibly mean that. I mean why?

A knock on the door pulled me from my thoughts. "Hey, I was thinking we could job hunt for you today." Kalel said to me behind the door.

I opened it and looked at her with a smile, "yeah that'd be great."

"Are you okay?" she asked, obviously seeing my horrible state.

"Yeah I'm fine, I need a shower, though."

"That reminds me, we need to get stuff for you. You can borrow my stuff for today. I'll go grab some." She immediately walked away, coming back soon with a pile in her hands.

"We're about the same size, they should fit."

"Thanks."

"No problem." I closed the door with a smile, and as soon as it was shut, dropped it. I wasn't in that great a mood, but couldn't be rude. I mean, she was going beyond what she had to.

I turned on the shower, stripping down, and hopping in. The water felt good running down my tense body, and even calmed me down. By the time I finished, I turned the water off, stepping out and drying off. I heard two voices in the living room so I quickly got dressed, quietly opening the door so who ever was out there didn't hear.

I stepped out of the bathroom and walked over to the living room. There stood Anthony talking to Kale, who looked kinda sad.

"Well Ian and Xhex were really cute together and I could tell they love each other. I wish this didn't happen." Kalel said, making me smile at how sweet she was.