Ian Hecox: The Man Who Saved My Life

Xhex's P.O.V.

The chilled wind sent shivers down my spine and I wrapped my arms around myself.

'Soon, all I'll feel is the warmth' I said to myself.

I stared down at all the people, screaming at me, telling me to stop. Humans were kind of pathetic, you know? They could've seen me on the streets and helped then, but now they decide it's the best time, now that I've reached my ending point. They want me to stop.

'Well, I can't, I'm going down with this.'

I was standing at the top of this building, about forty stories.

Wow, this is it. My life is about to end. My life is horrible, though. If they were living it they'd understand and they would want to die, too. My mother, my best friend and only family left, died about a year ago. The only money left was passed to me, but it was spent. On college, food, bills and nothing else. I didn't have anything left. No clothes, home, nor food. My belongings were sold, one by one, just to pay bills that kept adding up, but it soon became hopeless. I was homeless and out of school. I didn't want to live like this. I was ready; I was gonna jump now. It wouldn't be long before firemen would show up and force me down, so I had to act now. I put one foot on the ledge and then the other. I was in a jumping position; crouched down, when I heard someone yell.

"Stop! Don't do it!" I turned around to see a man standing before me, he was about mid twenties, beautiful blue eyes, and brown shaggy hair.

In a calmer voice he said, holding his hands out, "just step down and walk over here. You don't have to do that. Everything will be alright."

In awe I did as he said, slowly without consciously realizing I was. He grabbed hold of my arm.

"Come with me." he said, tugging my arm in the direction of the ladder down, which was the way I got up here. It led into the top floor of the building. You could hear cheers down below, obviously celebrating saving me.

As we were coming down he asked, "Are you alright?"

I nodded. "Okay well why were going to do that?"

"It's nothing. I just don't find the point in living anymore." I said, slowly lowering my head.

"It'll be alright. You have plenty to still live for. You'll have to go to the hospital though, ambulances are outside. They want to check up on your stability."

'Great' I thought, 'more hell and bills. Wait. I think I've seen this guy now that I think about him. Maybe on youtube or something.'

"So, I'm Ian," he said as we reached the door to go outside.

"I'm Xhex."

"That's a really cool name. You seem like a great person, so please don't do anything to yourself."

"Thank you." I replied, "you wouldn't happen to be from youtube, would you?

He chuckled at that, "Why yes I am."

As soon as he said that paramedics barged in and picked me up, sitting me on a stretcher, wheeling me to the ambulance.

***

About three hours later I was almost done talking to the doctor.

"Well, Miss Wells, it seems like you're stable enough to go home."

"Well, the thing is, I don't have a home, or money to pay for this. So, I don't know what I'm supposed to do."

"Well, the young man in the waiting room, I think it was Ian, says otherwise."

'Did he really tell them that?'

"Oh, okay. Thank you very much." He gave me a weird look, obviously surprised.

"You're welcome, have a nice day."

"You too." and with that he lead me to the waiting room, where I saw Ian sitting in a chair in the corner.

He immediately walked over to me.

"Feel better?"

"Yes, thank you." it's not like I never did.

Ian filled out some info to the doctor and came over to me.

I spoke first, "Why would you do all this?"

"Well, you told me you don't have a point in living anymore and you're homeless I'm guessing, so, come home with me. I'll help you until you get back on your feet."