"Char, please leave without me. I'm really not in the mood for anything."

"I just called to remind you of the party."

Pinching the bridge of his nose, Christopher said, "I'm not sure if I'll attend it."

"Chris, it's Alex's party. And we've not attended one in, like, forever. First, we'd gone off to boarding schools for the last few years of school, then we were in distinct countries to get our degrees and such, and then you were always away on business almost throughout the year these past few years. It'll be the first time in the last 13 years that we'll be there to celebrate anything with him." Charlotte sighed trying to reason with her elder brother. "Whatever the matter is, deal with it afterwards. You know how Alex will feel if you aren't there despite being in the country."

"Fine." Christopher rolled his eyes. For a 24, turned 25 today, years old man, Alexander could get extremely dramatic and throw tantrums like a 15 year old teenage girl. "But I'll be late. I have some urgent work that needs my attention."

"By what time were you thinking of going?"

"I don't know. I'll probably leave for the party by 8?"

"That's cool. Pick me up. Bye..I'll start getting ready now. See ya, Chrissy."

As Charlotte disconnected the call, she was sure of one thing. Christopher was stressing because of his mystery girl. She needed to let their mother know.

Christopher did not want to go to the party and socialize with snobby people when he was in such a shitty mood. But he also knew that not attending the party was only an option if he wanted to have a funeral for himself the next day itself..because Alexander, without any hesitation, would kill him this time. Sighing, he got back to work for now.

--------------------------------------------------

Emilia was dressed in a light gold floor length mermaid gown made out of embellished sequin with a plunging neckline and an open back. Pairing it with a pair of glitter gold Jimmy Choos, her hair was up in a fancy up-do with a few tendrils teasing her high cheekbones and slender neck. She looked absolutely stunning, ready to steal and break god knows how many hearts.

 She looked absolutely stunning, ready to steal and break god knows how many hearts