1; slow motion ( prequel )

Julia's POV

I couldn't believe it. It was him. After 8 years of waiting, there he was. Right In front of my eyes and not behind a screen for the first time. He was hugging people. There weren't very many of us, we where 6 people and we where all friends. We had met on twitter years ago, so we go back. We had our phones down and our full intention was to talk to him. It was my turn. He approached me and smiled widely as I obviously had tears flowing from my eyes. He softly embraced me but I hugged him as tightly as I could, and he did the same to me. I didn't want to let go. He chuckled, which sent vibrations into my body. We slightly rocked side to side. I was hugging the person who'd saved my life. I know it sounds stupid, but he really did. Having depression is probably the worst thing that's ever happened to me, and probably the worst that will ever happen to me, and the only reason I've pulled through it is thanks to him. And he doesn't even know it.

"Justin I want to thank you. For everything. For every single thing you've ever done for us. And I'm so proud of you, and the person you've become" I said sobbing, as he breathed in

"How did I deserve you guys?" he asked, as I lightly laughed, still choked up. After what felt like we where stuck in the moment, both our minds snapped and finally, I let go and he smiled. And wiped my tears with his thumb with a small cheeky smile. I looked at his shoulder where I previously had my face, and there was a huge stain from my tears

"I'm so sorry for that" I laughed and pointed, as he looked down confused and smiled when he saw it.

"It's cool" he said, shrugging as he laughed "so you guys know each other?" He said as he stepped back and could look at everyone

"Yes" everyone said in unison

"We met on twitter in like 2009" Alex, my friend, said. We all chuckled

"We call ourselves the bieber defense squad" I chuckled, as he looked at me then back to someone else and cutely smiled

"That's amazing" he chuckled, nodding. I suddenly heard a car approaching which wasn't special since it was a open road but in all the hours we sat out here, no cars passed by. I felt a weird feeling so I turned my. That's when I saw a black van, with a window down. I saw a hand with a black glove, and in their grasp there was a gun. my whole heart sank to my chest. You know those movies where a person is about to shoot and they are in complete slow motion and slowly move away and dodge the incoming bullet? This was one of those moments.

"RUN" I screamed, as all my friends started looking around confused, and saw the van incoming and they slowly ran,  not knowing if I was kidding or not. Justin didn't even move before it happened. Remeber what I said about slow motion? That was what was happening right now. I looked at Justin and quickly got in front of him held my arms out and closed my eyes. I'd never let him get killed. Not on my watch. I meant what I said when about the fact that I'd die for him. I didn't even think twice. The sound of the gunshot boomed in my ears, followed by muffled screams of my friends and in some milliseconds, I had a immense pain in my chest. I really can't remember the rest.

Justin's POV

i couldn't even comprehend what was happening. She screamed that we should run but I didn't see a reason why. Suddenly, she got in front of me with her back towards me and held her arms out. What? Before I could even blink the sound of a gunshot boomed in my ears and I was beyond afraid. The girl in front of me fell to the ground and my heart fell out my chest. She just took a bullet for me. I looked around, and saw the group of girls I'd just met crying and running towards us with security right behind them along with scooter. I was crouched down and put my head on her chest, her heart was still beating.

"CALL 91 FUCKING 1, HER HEART IS STILL BEATING" I screamed, on the verge of tears. It felt Like this was a nightmare that I'd soon wake up to. Scooter started dialing 911 and half of the security tried getting in the car to probably chase after the gunman, and half stayed with me as they tried to lift her up and get her to a safer place and the rest escorted the girls away, as I saw them almost fighting back cause they probably wanted to see their friend. I took her hand in mine while we quickly walked

"Please don't die on me" I whispered, clutching her hand tighter and tighter. That poor girl. I knew nothing about her. I didn't even know her name...and she took a bullet for me. "Stay with me"