chapter twenty two

Hello my lovelies, I apologise for the long wait with this book. I have had a lot of things happen in my personal life but I got into the college I wanted so I am a very happy bunny right now. I hope you all enjoy this chapter and I plan to start updating more frequently for all you lovely readers.

Thank you guys so much for your patience and all of the support with all your votes and comments.

Lots of love xx

I placed my hand on the item I wanted, scrolling through the pieces of material for my size as Laney went on about the bitchy chashier we met in the last store. From an outsiders point of view we would have looked normal but they couldn't see the blood on our hands or the fact that even with us four clothes shopping, Laney was only babbling because she was pissed off and nervous about everything, Blake was playing look out as if Rogers wanted to know what we were up to and Ryder was preoccupied by his phone, looking tense. Too tense for that matter.

I found that over the years I got good at reading body language and especially his, at this very moment he was more stern, his jaw was clenched and his knuckles had turned white from his grip on the device he held in hand, clearly something was seriously bothering him.

He must have felt my stare when he lifted his gaze from the device to my eye and I simply looked away "I'll meet you guys back at the house" he said before turning to face my brother "look after for them." His voice was calmer than I expected but that didn't change the conclusion I came to.

I didn't know what pissed me off more, the fact he was talking about us as if we weren't even here or the fact he was holding back, my brother simply just nodded without question but I was not my brother.

"Why? Where are you going?" I asked when his eyes locked with mine "it's not important, don't worry about it" a lie he stated simply before turning on his heels and walking away before I could say another word.

"Here hold this" I gestured to my brother as I handed him my basket of clothes and he looked at me quizzically while I rummaged through my handbag for my purse.

"Here's a fifty it should cover it. If not them I'll pay you back" I told him quick when he grasped onto my bicep "where are you going?" He questioned me, his voice stern yet his eyes held concern as he looked at me.

"I'll be fine, just you two hangout for the day and call me when you want picking up" I told them as I tugged my arm from my brothers grip and headed out to the exit where Ryder had gone. "Not important my ass" I muttered as I made my exit.

Looking around the sidewalk I thought I had lost him when a car horn got my attention and the figure of Ryder that I knew all to well got in the car, a car I've been in many times too for that matter.

Mathews!

Mathews could never rattle Ryder that way over text and I was determine to find out what was up. I walked across the road to the carpark, walking through the rows of cars I found my beauty and knew exactly where I was taking her.

****

I swung the door open to Matthews office finding Mathews, Ryder, Lucas and Theo looking stressed around Matthew's desk as the four turned their attention onto me.

"Does somebody want to tell me what the fuck is going on or what?" I questioned as Ryder approached my form.

"What are you doing here Ash?" He questioned me and the closer he got the more I could see tho stressed look in his eyes "I'm not thick Ryder, something shook you up in that shop and no way was it Matthews" I replied and at my words he knew he couldn't keep it from me.