Chapter 31: Involuntary Sneezing

Start from the beginning

"Hey Lander," I breathed out as I hugged him.

He sighed then kissed my crown. "You and Ethan just try not to kill anyone today."

I scoffed out a laugh and shook my head playfully at him. "I could say the same for you."

"Alright, we better get this circus going," Levi said as the room started to fill out.

I walked away from Lander and over to Ethan, kissing him quickly while I sat down in the chair next to him. He nuzzled my neck then wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him. "I love you."

"I love you too," I said before I turned my head so I could kiss him again.

"Alright!" Levi called out. "Let's get this going!"

Jaxon and Andrea took their seats next to us while Evan and Lyanna quickly jogged to sit behind Ethan and I. Caden was laughing with Lucas; he quickly broke away and walked to sit behind Jaxon while Lucas sat next to David behind Levi and Lander.

Angeline gave me a reassuring nod from across the floor, as did Ajax. The vampires had taken their seats, I found Dominic zipping in to sit behind Barrett. He smiled and winked at me, causing me to let out a relieved sigh as Dagny and Bernard walked in and down the stairs to sit at the front where seats were reserved for them next to Derek and Barrett–Vincent, tailing Dagny and holding Alice.

The room settled and when the quiet filled the room, I felt the eyes of them on me. The eyes of curious alphas and lunas who were probably wondering if it was all true. One man stood up, he gave me a small smile then looked over at Levi. "We smell it Levi, we smell her blood. You do not have an enemy from my pack, but considering what has happened, I think we all deserve an explanation."

There were murmurs of agreement, Levi nodding with them. "You're right Joe," he said. "First, thank you all for coming. Like Joe said, some interesting things have been happening and as a region, we need to come together so we can ensure peace.

"There are many updates from our last meeting, and I will go over them but I do ask that you all hold your questions until the end, alright?"

There were murmurs of agreement that seemed to please Levi. He spread out some papers on the desk in front of him then looked back at the room. "Since we last met, we had several groups lead expeditions to investigate potential rogues in the area. The trips to the ice caves and mines found non, but we did find rogues in the Silver Mountains–in the caves. They are being run by the rebels–the 'Pure Seven,' that is spearheaded by Aurelia King–"

Levi was cut off by loud whispers, gasps, and growls that were bitten back. He growled sharply, cutting everyone off until they quieted down. "Aurelia had a brother, her twin Hayden King who is fortunately no longer on this earth. He, as far as we have gathered, was running the rogue operation in collaboration with the alphas in the north. They are both descendants of the King line–"

There were more whispers and the name 'King' seemed to be let out in fearful gasps. I felt my wolf stir; Ethan snarled along with Levi, who pinched the bridge of his nose before looking up. "Will you all shut the hell up?!"

The room went silent; Lucas was covering his mouth to keep from laughing while Levi let out a long breath. "Aurelia has tried to open doors to the other side of the moon. Her goal, from what we know, is to let her father and possibly Hagan King walk through. She intends to unite us and turn us against the vampires."

"She opened a door?" an alpha called out. "Truly?"

"Truly," Levi answered. "She will again if we do not work together. Because of her actions, Caleb and Daphne, head of the easter coven, have died, Billy–the former Master of Arms at Mangata has died, Leo the Ancient has died, Bailey–a runner and a very good man has died, Liam–Lander's oldest son, my nephew, and at the time my heir died, and lastly Hadrian King my daughter's birth father has died–"