32

Peyton's POV

"Lunch!" Her mom called. "Im going to go home for a few minutes. I'll be back." I told her. She nodded and I walked downstairs and put my shoes on. I grabbed my keys and quickly drove home. I just need to let off steam. I walked through the door and saw my dad on the couch. "Where are my gloves?" I asked. "Closet. You haven't used those in forever." I grabbed them and strapped one on and walked over to dad who put the other one on. I walked downstairs and up to the bag and started punching.

After 20 minutes I walked upstairs and found dad to unstrap them. I wasn't sweating yet so I just walked to the car and drove back. I opened the door and heard yelling upstairs. I walked into the kitchen to see her mom. "He snapped." She said. I nodded. "It looks like you did too." She said. I looked at my appearance and noticed that my once clean shirt was in fact sweat up. "It's hard. It feels unreal." I said sitting next to her. "It does. You would never expect that from her. She was always so happy. I mean not at first but it got better. That's how it all started isn't it?" She asked. I nodded. "Maybe I should just en-" She shook her head. "Please don't do that." I sighed. "But I caused it. So why am I still here?" I asked. "Because she loves you and you love her." The yelling stopped. "He's not mad. He's sad." She said. I nodded. Someone ran downstairs and I turned around to see Sabrina grabbing her keys. I quickly ran across the room and grabbed her before she shut the door. "Let me go!" She yelled. She kicked her legs but I stayed strong. "No." I said firmly. I took the keys from her hand AMD looked up at her father. "I told her that maybe she should take off for a while. Alone." He said. I looked back down at her. "Sabrina."
"I'm not going anywhere." She said. "Mr. Carpenter I'm going to take her out for a bit." I opened the door and led her to my car. She got onto the car and I drove back to my house. "Don't take me there. I don't want to face them." She said. I sighed and pulled into the driveway. I got out of the car and walked to her side and opened the door. "Come on." I said. She reluctantly got out of the car. I opened the door and walked her inside. Mom and Dad were on the couch. "Good afternoon sweetheart." Mom said to her. She only smiled. "Hey Hunny." My dad said. I brought her downstairs to the basement. "What are we doing down here?" She asked. I grabbed my gloves that dad bright back down. "Open your hands." I said. "Peyton I'm no-"
"Open your hands." She put her hands out and I slid the gloves on, strapping them. I walked over to the punching bag. "Go ahead. Take a wack at it." I said. "Peyton I'm not going to punch the bag." I looked at her. "Punch. I will go get you a water bottle." I left the room and heard her punch the bag. Then again and again. I walked upstairs and went to the fridge. "Where did she go?" Dad asked walking in behind me. "I gave her the gloves." I said. "You think that will help?" He asked. I nodded. I opened the fridge and grabbed a water. "You are doing good." He pat me on the back and walked back out into the living room. I walked back downstairs and watched as she punched the bag. It was helping. I came around the bag and she stopped. "Better?" I asked. She nodded. "Did you imagine punching me?" I asked. "No. Why imagine when I can do it now." She punched my arm and I put her water down. "Come on. Hit me harder than that." I said. She punched my stomach and I doubled over. "Yea. Like that." She handed me her wrist and I undid the straps. She let the gloves fall to the floor and grabbed her water. She was sweaty. "Do you need a shower?" I asked. "That would be nice." She said. We walked up to my room and I grabbed her a towel and she went to shower. I sat down on my bed and stared at the ceiling. I listened to the water run in the bathroom. It was soothing. It is going to be better again. Everyone will be happy.

After another 15 minutes the water stopped. I sat up and grabbed her some clothes. Just my track pants and a tee shirt. She walked into my room in a towel. "My clothes are a- thanks." I gave her the clothes and she left to go change. "Sabrina." I said. She walked back In. "Yea?" I looked at her. "Thank you." I said. She nodded and went to go change. She came back a few minutes later wearing my clothes. Her hair was all wet and soaking my shirt already. "Feels better doesn't it?" I asked. She walked up to me and hugged me. I was shocked but I quickly hugged her back. "I love you." I whispered. "I love you too." She said.   "I'm a little tired." She said. I picked her up and say down on the bed. She cuddled on top of me and closed her eyes. I closed nine and before long we were both asleep.