10

Just a disclaimer any bold and italicized words are a dream or made up scenario and italicized words are thoughts.

Sabrina's POV

I sat up in bed and looked out the window. It was a nice day out. I got out of bed and walked downstairs to see everyone at the breakfast table. "Good morning princess." Dad said. I smiled and gave him a quick hug. "Morning." We all ate breakfast and got ready, cleaning up the kitchen. I went upstairs and cleaned my room before going outside and taking a walk around the neighborhood. I saw his car before he saw me. He pulled over and rolled down his window. "Why aren't you answering your phone?" He asked. "Oh I guess I never charged it. It's probably dead in my room." He nodded and looked back at me. "What's going on?" I asked. He got out of the car and walked to my side. "I am leaving today." He said. I looked at him confused. "I thought you said a few days." He nodded. "I guess it's a change of plans. I'm sorry Sabrina. I came to say goodbye. And that I'll call you tonight." He said. I nodded and he opened his arms. "I'll miss you Sabrina." He said as we hugged. "I'll miss you too. Have fun though." I said. I pulled away and kissed him. "I will call you tonight okay?" I nodded. "Dont think about me. Go and have fun." I said. He sighed. "Yea, i will but don't expect you not to be running through my mind." I smiled. "I'll wear running shoes." I said. He smiled. "Alright I have to get going. I will talk to you later." I gave him another and watched as he drove off. I continued around the block and then went home, immediately looking for my phone. I found it on the ground and plugged it in. I waited a few minutes for it to boot up and I unlocked it. Notifications started coming it, most of them phone calls from Peyton. I smiled. He cares so much. There were 14 missed calls from the past 45 minutes. He said he'd call tonight. I guess we'll have to wait and see.
-----
"Sabrina dinner!" I quickly rushed downstairs. We all sat at the table and started eating. "I'm surprised Peyton didn't come over." Dad said. I frowned. "He left. For a trip." I said. He nodded. "Where's he going?"
"Somewhere in the Caribbean."
"How long?"
"He said one or two weeks. It's probably two."
"That's nice. I'm sure he will have fun."
"Yea he will." I said smiling. We all finished eating and I stayed at the table. Then I heard my phone ring from upstairs. I quickly got up and ran upstairs. "Sabrina slow down!" Dad yelled. I reached my room and grabbed my phone to see Rowan's ID. I answered.
Hey Row what's up?
Oh nothing. I just called to tell you we have a one week break. Just to extend our spring break.
Wait why?
No idea. But I'm happy to take it.
You and me both.
Ha I think everyone needs a break.
Yes. They should do this more often.
Let's start a petition.
Absolutely. And a Kickstarter.
Okay great. It'll be great.
Yea.
I have to go talk to you later.
For sure by Row.
Bye.
I hung up disappointed. I walked down stairs and looked at the clock. It was only 7:00. I looked at the clock sad. "What's wrong with the clock?" Dad asked. I looked away. "What?" He smiled. "You're staring at the clock like it killed your best friend." I walked away from the clock. "Just waiting." I said. "You want him to call?" He asked. I nodded. "He said he would."
"Maybe he forgot." I nodded my head. "Yea. That's tends to happen to people when they are busy all day. I'm gonna go do my homework." I said. Dad nodded and I walked back upstairs.

It was nine by the time I finished and I decided to just go to bed.

----
5 Days Later
(No calls from Peyton)

"Sabrina! Wake up we are going to be late!" Mon yelled. "What are you talking about its like 6. And I don't have work this week." I put my head back in my pillow. My mom walked into the room. "No we are going to the airport. Hurry up and get ready." I sat up. "Why are we going to the airport?" Mom turned the lights on and I squinted. "Because we are going g on vacation. Surprise." She made jazz hands. I smiled. "Where?" I got out of bed. "You'll see." We all got ready and packed and quickly left.
-----
We got to the airport at 7 and made our way to our gate. "We are going to Jamaica?" I asked. Dad nodded and I pulled him into a hug. "Thanks dad."
"No problem princess."

We boarded the plane and I sat down in the window and put my earbuds in letting myself fall back asleep.
----
"Sabrina we landed." Sarah whispered. I opened my eyes and noticed she took one of my earbuds out. I looked out the window and saw the sunny tarmac. I looked to the other row to see Mom and Dad talking to each other, and dad showing mom his phone. That had a text conversation on it. I sighed and we exited the plane. We grabbed our bags and waited for dad to come back from the washroom. "Okay so Sarah and I will go get the rental car so if you want to make your way down to the entrance where all like the drivers and people are we will pick you up there." We all nodded and they left. "Sabrina you take us there." Mom said she took my suitcase and we all started walking. "I can take my suitcase mom it's fine." I said. She shook her head. "I got it. We just have to go down the escalator and around the corner on pretty sure and then wait for dad." I nodded and we went down the escalator.