Chapter 7: The History of Kayla and Michael Pt.2

I woke up to my brother's rap music. I went to the kitchen and everyone is doing their own thing. Mom and Dad was cooking and Gray was on his computer. We told our parents about the party and they let us, but we have to be home before 2 am, and we have to be responsible.  

-------

I went to Melissa's house and Nate was sitting on the floor petting her dog, Queen. 

"Come with me to the party." I plead. 

Nate laughed and Melissa gave me a disgusted look. She touched my face to check if I was real. 

"Are you sick?" She asked and I shook my head.

"Kayla just wants to break people's heart. That's whys he's going." Nate smiled.

Ugh, this kid. "Please?" I asked.

Melissa put her hair in a pony tail and put on a flannel, "You're lucky you're my best friend."

"Of course I am." I said.

-----

In Jay's P.O.V

I leaned on the kitchen counter and I wished for this party to be over. It's too much of everything.

"Have you seen Michael?" Cynthia asked.

I looked around and I shrugged my shoulders. Cynthia left and, I think I saw Kayla. 

"Kayla? I thought you weren't going to come?"

She smiled and oh my god, she's cute.

"I said maybe."

Melissa and Nate said hi to me and they went to the backyard except for Kayla.

"Why did you change your mind?" I asked.

She sat on the counter and you looked across the room. "It's because of Gray and Michael."

Michael? Huh...

In Kayla's P.O.V

Jay looked like he was thinking about something. He's a new kid in our school but news, rumors, and gossip travels fast.  He's probably thinking of the Michael part. "Don't over think it." I said.

Jay and I went to the living room and sat on the couch. It fills like I'm suffocating in this crowded room. This is why I hate parties. But for some reason, I still go to them, still do things I hate. I looked at Jay and wonder what he's thinking. His bangs is covering his eyes, and his black shirt hang loosely on his body.

"What is it?" He asked.

Oh shit, I looked away and I can feel my face get hot.

"Kayla, what do you think about Cynthia and Michael?"

Out of all the questions he could've asked, why this? I turned my body to face him and he was waiting for my answer. "If they like each other, then they like each other." What am I saying? What kind of bullshit is this?

Jay bit his lip and he looked away, "Why do you hate him anyway?"

I sighed, I never actually told anyone the full reason and now  that I think about it, I don't necessarily hate Michael, only some things he does. "Don't tell anyone, at all. Especially Michael, Cynthia, and my brother. Got it?" Jay faced me and I continued, "Michael and I used to be so close. Everything started falling apart during 10th grade year. He changed and I changed too. He would do certain things and it would hurt so many people. He was lying to himself, and that pissed me off. He did do stupid shit but I don't know."

I stopped talking and I don't know what to do next. Jay folded his hands behind his head and looked at the ceiling. Is that the whole reason why I hate him or is it about something else. Even though Michael and I stopped talking, there are times when I think about him, why?

Jay put his arm around me and hugged me. I put my head on his shoulder and he rubbed my back, comforting me. 

"It's ok."

I closed my eyes and let the music drown me.