Chapter 1: Kayla Mae

"Say yeah, let's be alone together! We could stay young forever. Scream it from the top of your lungs, lungs, lungs."

Nate and I were singing Alone Together by FOB when my brother yelled for us to shut up.

"Eh, wake up. It's already 6:45!" I yelled.

"I hate you!" He yelled back. I shook my head and Nate lowered down the volume. "What's up?" I asked and he sat on my bed and closed his eyes.

"Does he still hate me?"

I laughed, " Well duh, ever since we were freshman you two never seem to get along. You always fight, argue and every time there's a competition, all you think of is winning. Is it because of her?" I asked and he didn't answer.

Instead, Nate put on his flannel and he grabbed my hand. He probably grew 3 inches during summer break, while I only grew 1 inch.  "Gotta go. I'll meet you at front."

I smiled, " We need a new meeting spot. There's so many people that checks you out and it's frustrating." I said as I opened Youtube and clicked on a JKN video.

"Don't be jealous, Kayla. " Nate hugged me and then he left. I walked downstairs and got some food.

I wasn't even jealous. It  amazes me how many people likes him but I can see why. He's tall, tan, has wavy hair, hazel eyes, is nice to everyone, and he plays sports! Wait... why is he still single?

I texted Melissa, my best friend, to see if she knows.

To: Kiwi

Yo, why the hell is Nate still single?!

I checked the time and it's 6:54 am. She's probably asleep and man, 36 minutes until Gray and I have to go to school. Am I the only that counts how much time I have until I have to go to hell... hmmm, I mean school?

"Sis, why was he here so early?" Gray sat on the floor and he started eating my food. I could kick him or slap him if I want to since I'm on the couch. Who does he think he is? I stole my food back and he gave me the puppy face. I gave him a 'what' look. He knows that it doesn't work on me. When people do it, I just laugh.

From: Kiwi
He probably likes someone he can't be with ? Read 7:01 AM

I never thought of that, Nate rarely tells me who he likes. Who could it be? I texted back. I went back to my room and changed my clothes. I put on a black skinny jeans, a plain turquoise t-shirt and my converse.

"Sis, how do I look?" Gray twirled like a princess and I tried not laugh. He was wearing a plain white shirt, blue jeans, and his black vans.

"It...looks... great. Who are you trying to impress?!" I asked immediately but he just stayed quiet. I have a hunch but let's see where this leads to.

"It's 7:15, let's go!"

"What?! It's still early!!" I whined and he threw his cardigan at me.

"Because we're going to Michael's house!" He said and closed the door.

Michael's house?! Someone save me.