Chapter 5: Untitled

In Kayla's P.O.V

"Gray, I'll meet at you at school." I closed the door and Nate was waiting for me outside. I peeked inside the car and Lily was in the backseat, asleep.

"We're going to go get donuts. Don't tell Melissa." Nate whispered.

In just minutes, we got to the doughnut shop. I went in line, and the guy in front of me has a tattoo behind his ear. I looked closer and it's a set of date in Roman Numerals, IV VII MMI . I tapped his shoulder and it's...

"Jay?"

He looked confused but surprised at the same time, "Hey, Kayla."

I smiled and hugged him, " I didn't know you had a tattoo!"

He smiled, "You barely met me yesterday."

Lily and Nate joined us. Lily tugged the hem of my shirt and I know that she thinks, Jay is hot. We went to the table and I have so many questions for him. Lily and Nate went to get our food at I took a deep breath, "What does your tattoo mean?"

"It's my best friend's  birthday and to answer your next question, I didn't want to third wheel Michael and Cynthia, so I came here. I think I made the right decision. "

His expression was a mixed of happiness and sadness, and I can't decipher it. "I know the party Michael invited me? I don't know if I'm going but after school, we're going to this diner called Mama Lou's. Want to go?" 

He smiled and I was happy when he said yes.

In Michael's P.O.V

When I got to school, I was hugged by Cynthia. I smiled but it quickly disappeared. I know I shouldn't listen to people's words. I know that people are like that, but sometimes, thoughts just starts running in my mind. Cynthia and I were walking to Advisory and I saw Kayla with Jay. Wow, I didn't even know they talk.  

In Kayla's P.O.V

During Advisory, Nate was talking about going to an Art gallery, and I found out that Jay likes everything about the Fine Arts. From Mozart, to Greek and Roman sculptures, and to Shakespeare. 

I had Math next but I couldn't seem to pay attention. My mind was somewhere else. Mrs' Fray gave as a worksheet to work on and as always, I finished early. I just want to go home and listen to slow ballad, the opposite to my favorite punk songs. 

"Kayla, you ok?"

I looked up and it was Bailey. I "smiled", "Yeah, I'm sorry. I was just thinking about something." She gave me this look but I think she believed me at the end. We went to lunch and our friends were waiting for us. Even Jay.  It was surprising to see him in our table, he's always with my brother and their other friends. 

"Bye, Kayla." Bailey hugged me and went to her own friends.

________

I stared at the clock, five more minutes before school's over. I looked behind me and Nate was slowly putting his binder in his backpack and Lily was putting on her shoes. *Ring* 

The bell rang and everyone ran out of the door. We went to the parking lot and my brother was with Michael, Cynthia, and Jay. We went to The Parlor. Gray opened the door and immediately, Oli yelled "Santiango!!" 

Gray and I looked at each other then at Oli. The Parlor is our hangout place. The real name of the diner is "The Parlor" but my parents call it "Mama Lou's" because of the owner, duh. The Parlor is where my parents met and every since I was 4, every time one of us is having a hard time or if we're celebrating about something, my Mom and Dad would take us here. Oli is the grandson of Mama Lou. He's around our age but he acts like an 25 year old. Across the counter, Mama Lou motioned for em to go to her. The rest of went to a booth. Except for Michael and Cynthia. They went to another booth. I think they're on a date.

Mama Lou hugged Gray and I and she always reminds me of a Fairy Grandmother. 

"What are you kids up to this day?" She said as she give us food.

"School." We said in a monotone.

"What?!She shook her head, "You're supposed to be having fun. The heck with school?!" 

Lily and Melissa heard her and they started laughing. 

"Grandma, they need school." Oli said as he went to our table and set down the food, How can a 17 year old sounds like a 25 year old? I gave Melissa the milkshake I owe her for getting a higher score, even though it's only one point.

"So Jay, why did you move to our school?" Lily asked. All eyes is on Jay.

I looked closer and he has two ear piercing but it's hidden because of his beanie. How could I not notice it in the morning?

"We used to live in France but 3 months ago, my Mom decided to move back here to have my brother." He said as he fixed his bracelets.

"France? The hell?" Gray looked really jealous while the rest of us look in disbelief.

"How many brothers and sisters do you have?" Lily asked.

Jay looked up and we can hear him counting. "About 2 brothers, I sister, and I brother one the way."

"A sister?" Lily asked.

"It's Cynthia." Gray answered for Jay. 

"What the fuck!!" Lily, Nate, and Melissa said in unison. Mama Lou gave them a death glare, while Michael and Cynthia gave them a confused look.

I laughed, it is surprising. wait, "Are you two twins?" I asked.

Jay bat his eyelashes, yes, bat, not blink. "It's hard to believe, huh?" 

We looked at one another and instead of getting answers, we got more questions. It's hard to tell that they're twins. Jay has golden, brown hair while Cynthia has dark brown hair. He has green eyes but she has light brown eyes. Jay is the complete opposite of her.