"Okay," I say as my name gets called out. Alli skips over to the table with we shopping bags while I receive my meal, following closely behind her. Alli, of course, reaches the table first and sits down. I follow her actions and sit down across from her.

"You hungry?" I ask.

"No," Alli says.

I push my plate containing three sushi rolls towards her. "Have one."

Alli knows that she'll never win agains me and takes a roll. She takes a roll while I pull the plate back to me.

"So," I say, lifting the first roll towards my lips, "what was making you so happy back there?"

Alli leans in closer to me so that she can talk in a hushed voice, just above a whisper. "I saw your boyfriend."

My face lights up. "Where?" I ask.

"I can't tell you that, it'll give away what he's getting you for Christmas."

"What is he getting me for Christmas?" I wonder out loud.

"Also can't tell you that," Alli says.

Of course Alli knows what he's getting me. I try to get it out of her by saying what I do and do not want. "I hope I don't get an engagement ring. I'm not seventeen for almost three months and I've only known Cody for a couple of months."

"I can tell you that it's not an engagement ring," Alli says, "and I also see behind your plan so you'd better stop there."

I laugh. "Thanks for telling me that. If Cody was getting me an engagement ring, I'd send him to a mental hospital instantly."

Now it's Alli's turn to laugh. "You're classically funny, you know?"

"You are too, and don't deny it," I reply.

Alli laughs her sweet laugh. I finish my sushi and throw the packaging in a nearby bin. "Ready to go?"

"Let's finish this Christmas shopping," Alli says, standing up and walking in the direction of a random store.

By the end of the shopping trip, I have a gift card to a camping store for Brad, a gift car to a clothing store for Angie, a Minnie Mouse soft toy for Chelsea (under special request), some hair accessories for Ash, a CD, box of chocolates and scrapbook to work on for Cody, some Chanel perfume for Alli that she was after and, of course, the books for my parents and magic set for Tom.

Alli, on the other hand, has much more for everyone than I do. She has a perfume, bath/body set and two scented candles for her mum, two t-shirts and a book on how to be an awesome dad for her dad, a photo frame and clothing voucher for Cody and the creeper toy and a Mario hat for Tom. She also has some things for a couple of her Aussie friends and, of course, the unknown gift that's for me.

We walk out of the mall just in time to see Alli's Dad pull up in the car out the front. As we struggle to put our shopping bags in the boot of the car, I think of how much fun I'm going to have wrapping all the presents.

And I do have fun, sort of. Alli and I wrap our presents together in Alli's bedroom, laughing at each others failed attempts to wrap a present. When it comes to wrapping each other's present, we turn out backs to each other and trust not to look over our backs.

The wrapping time goes by too fast, without us starting a sisterly heart-to-heart conversation, but I'm fine with that. Instead we just share a few laughs before opening the door and taking the presents down to the already set up Christmas tree.

"O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree," Cody starts singing as Alli and I surround the tree with our presents for everyone. I look up at Cody and glare at him, forcing him to stop his singing.

"Sorry," he says, wrapping his arms around my waist and lifting me into the air, "I just love to annoy people like you."

I struggle to hold my glaring face, but I end up failing by letting out a chuckle. Cody laughs as he carries me out of the room and up the stairs to his bedroom.

I laugh and kick playfully as Cody closes the door behind him and lies me down on the bed. We start kissing and keep kissing for about five minutes before Cody's phone rings.

"What?" he asks into the phone. I sit up and watch the emotions on his face carefully. He looks right back at me.

"Okay," he says, "bye."

As soon as the phone hits the table, I question him, "What's happening?"

Cody sits down on the be next to me. His face shows calm, but I know, deep inside, that he's frustrated. He's furious about something.

"That was Matt," he says. Matt is his manager, his best friend at times, too.

"What did Matt say?" I'm starting to get furious myself.

"He said that we can no longer be together."

*****

I need opinions on which story you want next: a Hunger Games fan fiction, zombie apocalypse story or Glee fan fiction. Comment or message me which one you want most. The one that comes in second will start publishing when I finish my next story, which may not be for a while. So please, do tell me. I want to know what sort of story you guys would be after next :)