Chapter 5: Unstable

En başından başla

Weiss: "Blake is right, he needs to know."

Yang: "So how do we do this...?"

Weiss, being the kind and gentle person she is, decided to just come right out and say it.

Weiss: "(Y/N), you are NOT a Grimm. You're human."

(Y/N) looked to Weiss and tilted his head.

(Y/N): "I. Know."

Weiss: "Y-You do? Then... why do defend the Grimm so much? Why do you act like one? You've even said you're a Grimm."

(Y/N): "Humans. Bad."

(Y/N) lowered his head.

(Y/N): "Grimm. Take. Care of. Me. Grimm. Help. Grimm. Family."

(Y/N) raised his head to show his Grimm mask had formed.

(Y/N): "Humans. Abandon. In. Forest. Humans. Kill. Sister. Humans. Threaten. Family. Humans. Are. Bad. Rather. Be. Hated. As Grimm. Than Be. Human."

The red outlines on his Grimm mask seemed to shift around and glow with a dull red light.

(Y/N): "Grimm. Have. Family. Grimm have love. Grimm feel. Pain. Why. Do. Grimm. Have to. Die?!"

His voice grew as he spoke until he shouted the last part. The glowing on his mask suddenly stopped completely and (Y/N) froze. No one moved for a few moments until Ruby inched forward.

Ruby: "(Y/N)... are you oka-"

His mask cracked all the way down the middle, but stayed intact for a moment before breaking apart and falling to the floor. As soon as Team RWBY's eyes caught a glimpse of (Y/N)'s face they felt awful. He had tears running down his face. But what caught their attention was his eyes. (Y/N)'s scleras(whites of his eyes) were pitch black, while his normal iris and pupil were no longer visible they were replaced by a dim red glow. White, bone like, material began forming at (Y/N)'s finger tips, then started covering his hands by forming sharp razor like claws.

[(Y/N)'s POV]

I couldn't see, I couldn't hear, everything was so quiet and still. Until a loud thought boomed through my head.

???: 'KILL!'

It was so loud I grabbed my head in pain as my head throbbed. The thought repeated, gradually getting louder and louder. I covered my ears and screamed in pain, nothing helped muffle the voice. No matter what I did it got louder and louder as if it were being directly screamed in my head. I started digging my claws into my head due to the pain, I needed it to stop. I needed to get it out of my head.

Me: "STOP!"

I screamed. Suddenly I felt arms wrap around me, followed by a warmth and the smell of something sweet.

Ruby: "It's okay. Just calm down, I'm here."

I let go of my head and let my arms fall to my side. I slowly regained my vision and saw I was no longer in the dorm, I was outside. I looked down to see Ruby hugging onto me tightly, with her face buried in my chest.

Me: "W-What... H-Happened?"

Ruby quickly looked up at me with hopeful eyes. But there was something different... the cut on her left cheek. I slowly looked at my hands, and saw they were covered in blood but... not her blood. I felt warm liquid run down my head.

Ruby: "We aren't sure what happened. But you froze up, then bolted out of the dorm building. I chased you out here... then you... you attacked me... but I'm fine! I promise! Then you froze again, and started to scream. Then you started digging your fingers into your head.... so I... hugged... onto... you."

She seemed to just now slowly realize she was still clinging onto me, she quickly backed away and laughed nervously. It was somehow terrifying, knowing I blacked out and don't even remember doing any of that.

Me: "I-I... s-sorry.,."

I lowered my head. I felt terrible. Sure, she and her friends are human, but they've been kind to me so far.

Ruby: "I-It's okay! I'm okay. Just a little cut. Now let's get you cleaned up okay?"

I nodded slowly.

[Time Skip, Brought To You By Chibi (Y/N) Covered In Bubbles While In the Bath]

I laid on Ruby's bed as she rubbed my head. She told me that she liked doing this because it reminded her of having her dog with her, it also felt relaxing to me, causing me to fall asleep quickly. As I felt myself passing out I heard Ruby's voice.

Ruby: "Goodnight (Y/N)."