Chapter 6: All I Need Is You... And the Truth

That question played through my mind over and over again.

I'd always thought I knew everything about my new-found boyfriend, and long-time best friend. Untill stupid freaking Tristin came along. God. I'm sitting here at home in my mother's recliner, wondering why I ever liked him.

Oh, yeah. Because he's a sexy-ass man-hoe, who'd even go for someone like me.

Like he can hear me from all the way in his neighborhood, I receive a text from Dax. "Good night, my beautiful girl! <3 ily!!" I read aloud, and then my spirits pick up immediately. I can't believe him, he's so sweet. I text him back. "Thanks, babe. I really needed that. ILY2!!!"

He must have fallen asleep after that, because I don't get a text back. I get on a gaming website, and fall asleep.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{  <3  }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

The hand shaking my shoulder causes me to wake up. It's my mom, and I tell her that I'm going to head up to  bed. Before I check the time.

"Mom, it's 12:30!!" I yell at her. "Where have you been?!"

"Harmonie and me went out for a couple of drinks." Her words are slurred and her pupils are dialated. She's drunk.

"Mom, you're drunk. You need to go to bed. Like, now." I try to stress to her this importance, but the incompatant woman in front of me won't listen. "Fine,mom. Whatever. Just, please, be careful."

My mom isn't good with alchohol. She has few beers, and she's gone. So I make sure there's no wine, shampagne, or anything anywhere in this house. She isn't a recovering alchoholic or anything like that. She's just one of those people that's brains can't handle anything stronger than coffee.

I turn on my heels and run upstairs, and into my room. I close, then lock, my door. I put my laptop on my desk, plug it in, and plop down on my bed. I text Dax until about 1:00 AM, and then fall asleep with my phone on my chest.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{  <3  }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I'm sitting in the rain. On a bench, holding Dax's hand. He pulls out an umbrella and hands it to me. There is a loud crack of thunder behind us and we turn to see a long lightning bolt stretch itself from the sky to the ground. We turn back around, only to see a face right in front of mine. I guess, it's a rendition of Tristin's face, or is supposed to be. It has longer, sharper teeth, sticking out over his lower-lip. And a forked tongue, like a snake. I know it's Tristin because the next thing I hear is a wicked whisper in my left ear, the side opposite to Dax, saying, "Secrets... hidden..." I turn to Dax to ask him about it, and that's when my best friend and boyfriend jumps at me. The last thing I see is red splattering everywhere.

Then I wake up.