Chapter 5: Tingles, Sparks, and What Are We Even Talking About

As soon as the words came out of his mouth, I knew I couldn't lie. I had to tell him.

"You like Tristin, don't you?" Dax's voice was hurt and vulnerable.

God he knew how to make someone feel terrible. He was breaking my heart just looking at me with his puppy dog eyes, that melted my heart."No." I answer truthfully. "Not anymore, at least." 

His eyes automatically dart to the ground then back up to me. "Okay."

I know this isn't the last time I'll hear about this.

We are sitting around Dax's room, and he is across the room from me, laying lazily on his bed. I'm sitting on his blue "Gamerz-Chair", thinking over what happened after school today. I get up and move over to the side of his bed. He is laying on his side, facing the wall, but he turns over to look at me. his face, inches from mine, gives me goose-bumps. "But I don't anymore," I say. "I swear." I kiss him on his nose, and as I pull away I here him chuckle. He scoots over towards the wall and sits up, making more than enough room for me. I sit down next to him, then lay my head on his shoulder. We both stare at the TV, but I'm not paying attention to it. I'm lost. Dax's presence has been doing that pretty often lately.

I'm not paying attention to the sound and lights flashing across the television, I'm only aware of Dax, up close against me. I can still smell his AXE and I automatially really want to tatste the chocolate again. "Kiss me." I hear him whisper it in my ear as if he's read my mind.

I giggle a little bit under my breath. "Why?" I ask.

"Because," he answers.

"Good enough for me." I smile, then press my grin to his. Our lips mold together, and I turn to him. His tongue flicks my lip, sending goosebumps through my body. His lips against mine feel like they belong there, and I get up onto my knees, not letting my lips leave his. He grabs both of my hips, and moves me onto his lap. I grab move my hands and grab the sides of his face. I play with his hair, and rest my elbows on his shoulders. His hand slips itself smoothly under my T-shirt and he leaves it there on my lower back. His fingers on my bare skin give me tingles, and, as he moves them in circles, he leaves trails of sparks along my skin. I trail my fingertips up and down his arm playfully. His lips move to my neck and I don't object. His tounge dots my skin and leaves a trail of tingles.

KNOCK-KNOCK!!

The sound of the knuckles hitting Dax's door makes both of us jump. I push myself off of him and get onto the ground. I push my hair out of my face as Dax tells his mother to come in.

"Um, Delanie? Your mom's here to pick you up." She tells me.

"Oh, okay," I say. "Thank you." I get up off the ground and throw my bag over my shoulder. "Bye." I tell Dax and his mom, but before I get all the way out of his room, and before his mom turns around, I stand in the doorway and blow Dax one last kiss before I walk outside.

I climb in the car and toss my bag into the backseat. "Hey mom."

I look up after clicking my buckle, and I feel confused. The look in my mom's eyes is sadness.  "What happened?" I ask.

"Nothing, nothing," she answers, even we both know she's lying. I drop it though.

"Fine."

She drives me home and drops me off, and then goes to the store. If you still had to get groceries, then why did you come and get me? I think to myslelf, and then look at my phone for the time. It's 8:30. That's why. I answer myself and open the door with my keys.

I toss my bag where my bag always gets thrown, and jog up the stairs. I open the door to my bedroom and I'm surprised. It's cleaner than it was this morning. Wait what day was it? Oh, Thursday. Maria, the out-stay maid, came today. I grab  my laptop and my phone charger of my bed and head back down the stairs.

I set my stuff down on the coffee table, and make my way to the kitchen. Opening the fridge, I search it for something to eat or drink. I decide on an orange soda and a small bag of chips. I walk back into the living room, opening my chips. I plop down into the giant recliner, and open my laptop after turning on the television.

I log into my Facebook account, and scroll throught the recent posts. A yawn escapes from my mouth at the same time as a IM request pops up in the middle of my screen. It's Tristin.

I sigh loudly, as if anyone can here the annoyance, and click accept.

__________________________________________________________________________

Tristin Chamberland

T: Hey

Me: What do u want?

T: I just wantd 2 say sorry.

Me: Oh. Wait. for wat?

T: For making u so confused

Me: I am NOT confused.

T: Yeah, u r. i know u still like me, so i started trying to make U realize it.

Me: Okay, wait a second. I don't like u. y dont u jst buz off lozer! I've got a great bf, and i wuldnt trade him for u n a million years. i am with dax, n i dont want u anymor. I kno dax woulnt dump me for the next thing n a skirt. And i know he wuld NEVER hurt me.

T: Then y dont u jst go ask for ur perfect bf to tell u his dirty little secret

____________________________________________________________

Then he logs off.

Leaving me wondering.

What is Dax not telling me?