Chapter 11

POV: RUBY ROSE.

Well this was... unexpected. When Weiss told me to go to a dust shop for her gift I didn't think she meant to buy it. But oh well. "So." I say to the owner. He was a frail looking old man, who is probably in his eighties. Maybe he'll sell cheap. "How much to buy this joint?" I ask.

He just laughs. "That's funny. You can't be serious can you?" I am taken back by his sudden laughter. "I won't sell. Not unless you can show me just how much money you can put forth at one time. You probably don't have enough to buy the-"

I drop four thousand lien cards on the table. "Is that enough?" Weiss blinks behind me. "I have more. But again, I guess I don't have enough do I?"

"I want ten thousand." I immediately turn to Weiss and shoo her out the door. She opens her mouth to protest but I give her a glare that conveys the sternness of my gesture. "Ten thousand or no deal."

"Eight thousand." I say. "That is my final offer." I know that I have him in the corner. He begins to sweat lightly.

"Ninety five hundred." He says in a pitiful attempt at salvaging this deal.

"Seven thousand." I say. He sighs in defeat. "I've got him. He has no choice but to sell at eight. Which is what I had hoped for."

"Is it too late to take you up on the eight?" He asks.

"Nope." I say as I drop the money on the table. "Now leave my shop. And tell my girlfriend to come back in." He scoops up his money and leaves.

"So, now we own a dust shop." Weiss says. I open my mouth to remind her that it is hers not mine but she cuts me off. "And I know that you bought it for me but I only chose this so that when you hear my decision in the situation with my father you will accept it. I'm disinheriting myself. I chose this so that you and I will always have a source of income. I love you Ruby. I know it's kinda early to say that but it's true. I really really do."

I smile wide. Wider than I have in years. "Weiss, I don't care how little time we have been together. I knew three months ago, when I originally planned on asking you out before Yang reminded me that the Faunus thing got in the way. Otherwise this whole thing between us might have happened sooner. But I like the way it turned out. Although I am kinda shocked that you chose to go with the option that lets people know about us. My only question is why?"

"Well that is a relatively easy question to answer but it will take time. Right now we are on a date. We can discuss this topic another time. Right now we need to go wherever it is you are taking me." Weiss says.

"Oh that's right. Hey, how great are you at dancing?" I ask. "It's kinda necessary. You know, since we're going to the Vale Ball tonight."

"WHAT?! You can't be serious! The Vale Ball? That is one of the most expensive things in the world. How the hell did you get that much money?" She asks. She was obviously very shocked.

"Weiss, remember when twelve thousand Lien went 'missing' from my account?" I place my hand on the back of my neck, sheepishly blushing "Well... it didn't actually go missing. I spent it on the two tickets to this very dance. The tickets were the smartest thing at the time. If we hadn't gotten together I could have given them to Yang to try to get Blake to go. Either way one of us wins." I watch as she stares dumbfounded.

"But how did you-" she starts.

"I'd rather not say." I cut her off. But I will tell you that it was incredibly difficult." I look out at the taxi parked on the side of the road. "So let's go. Otherwise we will be late."

"You're right I suppose." She says finally giving up on swaying me. "I am way underdressed."

"Personally I'd say you are overdressed." I tell her.

"Really?" She says getting a very light pink tint to her cheeks. "How overdressed?" Seeing the blush gave me an idea.

"Well... if you were dressing to my standards I'd say... anything is too much." That turned both of our faces a deep deep crimson.

"W-w-well I-I c-could say t-the same... ah fuck it. We both know I can't say it but I mean it so let's just go damnit. Look, the taxi is even here. Let's go now, I don't want to be late." She says, clearly ecstatic over the ball.

"Wait, taxis have those soundproof screens. I could have fun with this." I walk over and open the door for Weiss. Then lean in and tell the driver to talk us to City Hall where the ball is held. As I get in the back and roll up the window I can't help but smile wickedly at the thought of forcing Weiss to blush till she makes a pepper look black. Or my cape, I haven't decided yet. "So, Weiss. What do you think about me in all honesty?" This is how I will start the game.

"Well. I think you are kind, lovable, slightly annoying and-" she starts to go on but I cut her off.

"Incredibly sexy and you want to, how do you say, take me at any moment?" She begins to blush furiously. "Time to step it up." I put my hand on her leg. Just low enough to not bother her sexually but just high enough to make her think about it. "And you would love to wouldn't you?" I lean in close and whisper, "I know, I want to do that too you." I lean up and kiss her forehead.

"Ruby you villain. You planned this didn't you?" She asks while her blush would put a flaming strawberry to shame.

"Of course love. Nothing but the best for you." I then turn and stare out the window.

"Well two can play that game." She grabs my shoulder and spins me to face her. "This can't be mmph!" She kissed me. In a taxi. Where the driver could see at any moment. Touché. But it's time for me to win my own game.

I roll down the soundproof window right as she pushes her tongue into my mouth. For almost an entire minute our tongues wrestle for dominance. I pull back the moment I need air and not a moment sooner. When I do I say, just loud enough for it to be a whisper to the taxi driver. "Wow Weiss. I didn't think you would do that in a taxi." By the way the driver tenses he obviously heard that. Weiss looks up and realises that the window is down. Instead of turning red her entire face drains of color.she immediately begins to apologize but I just roll the window back up and lean over to her ear. "I win." I whisper into her ear. The I gently bite down and tug on it, causing her to shiver. But then I back off knowing that we are almost at the ball. I still smile when she forces our hands together.

"Glad to know that you are always this playful." Weiss says. That's when we pull up to the building.