Chapter 52: The Changing Tides

I pressed my armor against her and created as many sharped blades along it. I pressed them as deep as I could through her. She screamed and I put all my strength in leaning back putting my hands on the ground to send her flying on her head 

... 

She held out her hand as if I was going to let her snatch me. I twisted my body, rolled and went for her legs. That damn tail of hers whipped around so fast it blocked my attack. In a blink of instant she was besides me and gripped my neck and thrust me at the ground burning me where she touched even through my armor. 

She struck me with her forearm and the blow sent me flying backwards. I twisted to land on my feet, but missed the landing and fell. Dev stood up and had small about of blood trickling from her mouth and eyes before rapidly healing. Her skin was harder then I thought to break. Even worst her healing factor is faster than my attacks too. I had a team of reapers still fighting and keeping the Fates somewhat at bay. My head was splitting and knew I couldn't last like this. "Surely the Queen of Hell isn't done. I would hate to have beaten you so swiftly. I want this to last." I mocked flipping the blade around my hands. 

She wiped her jaw and smiled in a way that I really wish I would have just kept my damn mouth shut. She flashed in front of me twisting the giant weapon of hers and that tail. I couldn't even react fast enough. She tripped me with the tail and stabbed me with the trident. I lost a clone but I used all the concentration I could spare to strengthen the armor. "It will bring me joy to decapitate you and throw your carcass at my brother as he did my son! Your blood will bring satisfaction for my belated son and all those who have fallen by my damn brother!" I let out a scream that got muffled with the thousands of others. My armor was cracking.

"Just die already! Is that not what you want? What you always express? Allow me to reunite you with your brother!" She yelled pressing the trident further into my chest plate making me gasp. "I hear your whispers, I hear the darkest parts of your heart. I can hear it now. The faint sound of agony. The small part of you that's want to give up. Just let go, let me end you, like you so desperately desire." I grunted as I grabbed the trident. My skin began to peel as i gripped it. She pressed down harder, another clone gone. I didn't let go and I, with all my might, began to push back. I had to make the others fight harder, which made me strain myself more. 

My nose was bleeding again, but I wasn't going to give in. I shifted slightly and took a deep breath an let go. Every clone disappeared. With all my energy, I made sure that damn trident wouldn't break my armor. I used my free hands and summoned two blade that I shoved deep in her eyes. I broke the blades off in her skull. She let out a fierce cry that shook the ground and as she stumbled back holding her face. I put my whole being into maneuvering the reapers inside her. I ripped every thing I could inside her. I imagined it sort of like a kitchen sink disposal. 

The pain kept her off balance. This was my shot. I pushed myself off the ground and I concentrated to make a bunch of giant gallant guns.It was a complete circle around her and the Fates. I had slowly drawn them into the center and now they were all sitting ducks. "This is for Evangeline!" I yelled pressing on the button and firing the guns. It was louder than I expected. Some of the Fates got out in time, while many others perished. The flying birds began to rain down on me screeching up a storm. 

The Grimms were ready though and started to shoot them down. "I'll kill you for this!" Dev roared her armor was deflecting the bullets. She flew above the bullets, her eyes was still bleeding. I crossed my arms and smiled even though she couldn't see it. She appeared behind me and before I could turn she plunged her hand in my back and out through my stomach. "What is this?" She yanked her hand out in confusion. There was no blood or anything on her palm. "You were so focused on killing me, and well let's just say when you assume things it tends to make an ass out of-" I didn't have the strength to keep that clone going but I did turn the gallant guns upward and let those bastard bird people have a taste.