Chapter #6

I walked into Enoch's cabin, "first question, how old are you?" I asked as he closed the door.
  "118..." He said hesitantly
  "How old were you when you entered your previous loop?"
  He thought for a few seconds, "18..."
  "how old is... Horace?"
  "I think he's 83."
  "Olive?"
  "I don't know 75, 76?"
  "Millard?"
  "87... Maybe."
  "Emma?"
  "Hell knows!" He exclaimed throwing his hands in the air. "Why do you want to know all this!"
  "Just answer this. Is it safe to say you're the oldest?"
  "Sure. Why does that matter?"
He seemed frustrated, so I enlightened him.
  "How is it that you are so much older than everyone?"
  He froze then sat down on the edge of his bed. "OK I'll tell you..." He said looking down his hands. "This is the third loop I've lived in, and..." He looked up at me. "I've never told anyone the whole story... Promise me you won't tell anyone?"
  "I promise." I said softly sitting down on the other end of the bed.
  "Ok, back when I was 17 years old in the year 1911, I lived with my 2 twin sisters, Alison and Skye who were 15. My parents were undertakers and all was good... My parents found out I had this... Well my mom called as a gift, and my dad called it a curse. But anyways, I guess my mom couldn't handle or understand why my father hated me. She never really seemed to be right in the head and my father wasn't helping the situation. Then she did something nobody else would have thought possible. She hung herself..."
  He paused as tears started to formed in his eyes...
  "Then because of it, my sisters hung themselves. My dad blamed me for everything. He said I was the reason they were dead. Because I was a freak. Because I was a demon. Because I wasn't normal.
And when I was 18 I ran away to Cardiff Wales. When I was there Miss. Raven found me and took me to her loop."
  "OK. that's great and all... But how do you know Rose?" I said giving him a inpatient look.
  "I'm getting to that!" he snapped back. "Rose, and I were quickly best friends because we seemed the same age and cuz I am a dead riser and she has the death touch. The death touch, is when anything you touch dies and that's why she wears her gloves. One day we where sitting on a cliff side when she slipped and nearly fell off the cliff. Her glove flew off but I grabbed her forearm anyways. I wasn't dead... Somehow I was immune to her peculiarity. And eventually we fell in love. Everything was perfect until one day... It was breakfast and nobody had seen Rose yet, they sent me upstairs to get her but she wasn't there."
  A tear fell down his cheek...
   "She wasn't anywhere. And we never found her...
  Then when I was 48 a new girl, Lillian, came to the loop. She had hands that resembled a galaxy and if she wanted could send a shock or a cut into a person or object just by touching it. Once again her peculiarity wouldn't work on me for some reason, therefore we fell in love. Then only 5 years later when I was 53 I found her dead body at the bottom of a cliff. I began to resent everyone. Locking myself in isolation. Tearing away my happy smile. Everyone I loved died so I decided not to love anyone. Miss. Raven sent me to Miss. Peregrines loop hoping to help me. I haven't changed. The only friend I had in Miss. Peregrines loop was Victor, Bronwyn's brother... He was killed by a hollow. I don't blame myself for Victor's death. And I never blamed myself four Rose's disappearance......"
  "but you blame yourself for Lillian's, your mom's, Alison's, and Skye's deaths?"
  "Yeah..."
  "...Well, you shouldn't." I responded after a while. Then I stood up and walked over to his bookshelf slowly reading the book titles.
  "Why'd you want to know if I knew Rosza?" He asked, quickly changing the topic.
  "Well I was just confused on why you where so different at dinner. You didn't say anything sarcastic, or something extremely rude..."
  "Yeah I -" I cut him off.
  "And why is it that after you left everyone but Rose, was amazed by your behaviour. She was only slightly confused as of why everyone else was so confused?"
   He stood up and walked up behind me quietly saying. "I used to be a different person..." He gently placed his hand on my shoulder.
   I wanted to turn around and ask him what he meant, but when I did turn around I noticed how close we were. I started into his dark eyes.
"I wonder what he's thinking about?"
I thought to myself.
   We stood there starring at each other for a while until he spoke up.
  "Faye.."
  "Enoch... Do you still love Rosza?" I asked, quickly regretting it.
  "Why?.." He asked probably unsure of what else to say.
  "Enoch..."
  "Faye?" I'd confused him. (Great job!)
  "Do you like... Like me?" I don't know why I said that. I just did. (What am I doing with my life? This seems so cheesy to me!)
  "Faye... I-I..." Then he kissed me.

~~~•~~~

   We kissed and kissed and kissed. At first we where in front of the bookshelf. Then he kissed me up against the bookshelf. Then against the wall. Then the door. And in the end we where lying side by side on his bed. I was kinda in shock of all that just happened and I think he was to...
   "Faye," he looked at me and smiled a little half smile. "Are you ok?"
   "Why in Gods name wouldn't I be?" I said smiling just at the sound of his voice.
   "Maybe because I told you my whole life story, then kissed you for God knows how long."
   "If anything that's a reason to smile." I said slowly tuning my head to face him. He looked at me and it seemed like we where about to kiss again when there was a knock on the door.
   "Enoch can I talk to you." Said a strange accent. It was Rose. Both of us quickly stood up. I opened the door and Rose glared at me. I then quickly walked past her trying to ignoring her entire existence. I left for my cabin turning my head as his door shut behind me. I noticed that a cabin not to far from mine had a dim light coming out the windows. Great! Rose probably moved into it. Whatever. I'm just going to go read a book or take a nap or something like that.

~~•~~

(Enoch's POV)

   Rosza walked into my cabin and we just stared at each other for a while. We both where trying to keep up our walls, not smiling, but not frowning, and not smirking. Just staring at each other from across the room.
  "Enoch..." she started "I-l've missed you..."
  "I've missed you too... Wha-what happened to you?"
  "I was kidnapped by the weights, then held captive...... What happened to you? You seem... Different."
   I explained everything to her. Lillian. Resenting everyone. Going to Miss Peregrines loop. Acting heartless. And how we killed all the weights and hollows. Everything but Faye. How do I tell the girl I once loved more then anything that I no longer love anything except someone else.
  "Enoch... I-I'm so sorry for all you've gone through... But it's ok... I'm here for you..." She smiled this smile. The same smile she used to give me after we would kiss. She stepped closer to me. And closer. And closer. And closer. Until there was less then a small step between us. She leaned in for a kiss but I pulled her into a tight hug instead.
   "Enoch," she said looking up at me. "You've fallen for someone else haven't you?" She seemed disappointed.
   "Ye-yeah I guess I have..."
   "Is that someone, Faye." Her eyes were open wide. Not even sure how she knew I responded.
   "Yeah... It.. It is..."
   "It's ok I understand your heart is shattered and that the single remaining piece belongs to Faye, not me. And.. And, we can still be friends." I looked down into her blue-gray eyes.
   "Best friends..." I whispered to her as we broke the long hug. After that I went to help her unpack, and for a few seconds when she didn't even know I was watching, her eyes went pitch black. Like they where about to suck the soul out of someone. And I knew all to well what that meant. she was MAD, and that's never a good thing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~•~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So... How'd ya like it? Tell me down below, I'd LOVE to get some feedback...
Well, ya know I'm not sure if I'm going to fast or to slow... So... You, tell me! :)
Yeah!

We'll... KK... Bye!
:)