Blood Covered Feathers

Qrow's POV

???: "Qrow" a voice said, appearing in a world of black. 

???: "Qrow wake up" it grew louder and seemed...... familiar. 

???: "C'mon old man this is not the time!," they practically screamed, their tone causing me to panic. I started lifting my heavy eyelids, mentally cursing at my struggle. Their exclamation of 'how much it hurt' gave me the final push. 

Light flooded my sight as colour and shape started to return. I was meet with a grey floor and walls, glowing yellow and blood.... SHIT BLOOD. I don't know if it was the leftover effects of alcohol or my survival instincts kicking in but i was suddenly standing with my weapon in hand.

???: "Crap timing uncle Qrow" a tired voice spoke, I turned around to meet teary eyes. 

Shit, Yang. 

I knelt down, and looked her in the eyes. Simultaneously we both looked down at the absence of her right arm. 

Yang: "I kind of already took some of those emergency bandages you always carry around, you know since I didn't want to bleed all over the place", she halfheartedly chuckled, I could see she was trying to seem happy even though she knew I could see right through her.

I gave her a reassuring smile before helping her to stand up. She staggered with her new lose of balance, looking back at me triumphantly when she was able to make herself stand still.  

Qrow:"We're going home, your then gonna tell me who did this to you and we're gonna get that bandaged up properly," I exclaimed pointing at her ar-stump, I heard her whisper "like you could do better" under her breath as a retort to my insult of her handiwork. I smiled. 

Yang: "So how do we get out?, I mean we're sort of underground and all" she asked. I wiped off some dust from my cape before answering.

Qrow: "The people of Mountain Glenn built a few secret exits to escape back to the surface just in case of emergency, we could use one of those" I said in thought, Yang's eyes creased. 

Yang: "But I thought the exits didn't work, that's why the inhabitants vanished" she questioned with a frown, I sighed, slight anger appearing on my face. 

Qrow: "The main exits didn't work, however the hidden ones reserved only for the rich did, and hopefully still do," I squinted my eyes in disgust, "Rich people once again leaving the poor behind and covering up their selfishness, history's favourite trope.." 

Yang: "Yeah..," Yang solemnly agreed, "Kind of reminds me of all the bad rich things Weiss told me about her dad, 'Thee heir'," Yang said playfully, imitating the voice of a common rich lady. I laughed, until something clicked in my brain. 

Jacque Schnee...., my eyes widened, "Yang..... where's Winter?", I turned to face her, as I was meet with frightened eyes. 

To anyone who read the story and still stayed with no updates or commented that they would wait for the next part, thank you so much. I have been working on other projects and will now try to finish this story as soon as I can, starting with this update, thank you for sticking around, it means a lot <3

And Happy Holidays!!!