Caring For The Youth

*Winter's POV*

Winter: "Good now keep your stance steady and focus your breathing" I said sternly. I adjusted Weiss's left arm and stepped back. 

I watched as my sister summoned her glyph, it pulsated and turned like usual. My eyes grew a tiny bit at the realization that my sister may be able to pull off the summoning. Unfortunately my wish failed me as the glyph slowed down and faded. 

I could see the hurt and disappointment in my sister's eyes.

I put my hand on her shoulder and smiled as she looked up at me.

Winter: "This will take time Weiss, don't focus on this failure, focus on the fact that you're high ranking in your studies and that you've made wonderful friends at your time here" I said kindly, I knew Weiss was going through hard times, I didn't want this to bother her.

Weiss: "Thanks Winter" my sister smiled, hugging me. She didn't let go. "Do you really want me to go to Atlas instead of Beacon?" my sister weakly spoke, looking up at me.

Winter: "Atlas is a very prestigious school with high standards and experienced teachers, I think it would be great if you attended" I said in a persuasive manner. 

Weiss let go of me, turning her back to me, arms crossed and looking at the ground.

Weiss: "I asked if you wanted me to go, not dad" Weiss said hurt, still refusing to turn around.

I sighed.

Winter: "Look I don't care what school you go to, in my opinion Beacon and Atlas are both great schools. Just promise me you'll try hard-"

Weiss: "I already try hard thanks to fathe-!"

Winter: "and do what makes you happy.." I finished, though I had not tuned out my sister's comment which still lingered in my head.

Weiss: "Oh....thanks.." my sister said apologetically, but she had nothing to apologize for.

I remembered the time when father had breathed down my back like he's doing now.

I sat down at the table next to us and gestured Weiss to sit down.

Winter: "Now, let's talk about father"

Weiss frowned.

*Qrow's POV*

I headed towards the dorm elevator, there was no point in rushing considering I was already late, I mean I might as well piss them off as well as getting yelled at. 

I entered the elevator, turning around only to be met by a familiar face, my niece, Yang.

Qrow: "I told you kid I have to be somewhere, I can't play another round" I exclaimed with a hint of sadness, the kids did have my favourite games after all.

Yang: "It's not about that, why didn't you tell me I was spying on Weiss's sister?" Yang said in a playful yet serious manner as she looked at me eyebrow raised. 

Qrow: "Oh yeah I forgot Weiss was one of your teammates, heh sorry" I laughed innocently, "So do you have any info or did you just rush here to ask me that?" I said taking out my flask for another sip.

Yang: "You never really told me why I was spying on this chick, it's because she's a looker isn't it?" Yang winked. She laughed as I choked on my drink.

Qrow: "I just think she's keeping secrets that's all" I wheezed out, alcohol was not a nice beverage to choke on.

Yang: "Okay well I did find out one thing from this guy I know, he said that Winter was going to be at this tavern on the outskirts of Vale to make 'a deal'" Yang said all secret like.

I stared at the wall, a deal? what the hell was the ice queen up to? 

I exited the elevator, walking away from the dorms to Ozpin's office, he needed to know his suspicions were correct.

I looked back at the corner of my eye to see Yang worriedly rush back up to her dorm. Sometimes I felt sorry for those who didn't know the things people like me did.

A/N Sorry this took a while to come out, the holiday season kinda kept me busy, haha. So I tried to to make this a bit longer as kilamaverta mentioned these chapters are a little short. ANyway, I hope you enjoyed, thanks for reading!