The Schnee Cafe

A little bell rang as I entered the cafe. It was mostly empty, there was only one person working at the front and about three customers, a couple conversing in the cafes booth seats and Winter.

Before approaching I looked her over, she had changed into a white, slimming dress with blue daisies scattered across the fabric (It kinda made me feel a little underdressed since I was wearing the usual). She sat next to the window looking at the nature outside while grasping a cup of tea. She seemed more calm than usual.

I quietly walked up to the table and sat  down in the opposite chair, it took her a second to notice I was there. As soon as she did though she straightened her posture.

Qrow: "Hope you weren't waiting too long Ice Queen" I said playfully a genuine smile on my face.

She put both her hands around her tea cup.

Winter: "Well lucky for you I had the view to distract me" she said in nice manner,picking up her cup in order to hide her smile.

I saw though, and  it made me have a bubbly feeling? I just shook it off, better get down to business.

Qrow: "So why'd you want to meet?" I asked casually, maybe I could try having a normal conversation since Ironwood wasn't around.

Winter's calm nature instantly vanished and was replaced by a depressing atmosphere, she looked down at her tea, then straight into my eyes. Her blue eyes locked in with my brown ones.

Winter: "I know about the fall maiden and our new enemy" she said dishearteningly, she shifted her gaze from me.

My face fell.

Winter: "Someone stole her powers didn't they?" Winter asked her voice starting to tremble. I didn't respond. "Qrow I", she paused, looking back at the trees through the glass window,"I need to know if they're after the other maidens...after me"

The cafe no longer had a tranquil feel instead there was a cloud of worry blocking it, I had to be strong for her and the other maidens.

I put my hand on top of her shaking ones, she looked up at me in response.

Qrow: "None...none of us know what who our enemy is and what they're up to all we know is that we can't rule out the possibility" I said at a controlled pace, I pulled my hand away from hers when she had gone silent.

Winter: "Thank you" she said, smiling weakly. It was kinda unnatural she always had her guard up but now she was so vulnerable and I hated it. 

Qrow: "It's okay...you're scared, it's expected" I whispered smiling back at her.

Winter: "Yeah I guess that's why Ironwood kept this all a secret from me" she said wiping away a tear that had managed to escape. 

Qrow: "Guess they did a shit job" I chuckled to myself,only to be startled when I got a laugh out of my companion.

Winter stood up from her chair and pushed it in. grabbing her bag from off the chair where it was dangling

Winter: "I've wasted enough of your time" Winter said with a happy tone that matched her smile. "You're welcome to leave if you like" she added on, she was waiting for my answer.

Qrow: "Do they do drinks here?" I raised an eyebrow.

Winter: "If I buy you some vodka you need to tell me everything you know about the maiden investigation" Winter said holding her Schnee credit card in front of my face. 

Qrow: "How much vodka?" I asked, crossing my arms. Winter only smiled in response and whispered the amount into my ear.

A few (alright way more than a few) drinks later......

A/N Alright so I tried to write winter and make her seem nice and I thought it would be easy but like it's not in the slightest, sorry if she seems out of character I just wanted to show she's not always so uptight. Well i hope you enjoyed reading this chapter anyway, sorry I'm not updating much but I'm trying to salvage what's left of my holidays!