"You look frightened" he said

"Oh so it shows then" she replied with a nervous laugh.

"There's no reason for you to be afraid of me Zoyé"

"Time will tell"

"I'm not afraid of you Mr. Sebastian"

They looked down and saw Khile and Nicholai's probing eyes staring up at them .

"Well that's good then buddy because I'm your friend" said Sebastian bending down so he could be in the same level with the boys as they told him about a new cartoon.

Zoyé watched how her son was so openly accepting and trusting Sebastian his face alight with excitement. He turned to her and smiled then turned back to the boys. He said something to them that made them laugh then he taught them a handshake. The nanny came over and took them away to go eat and left them alone again.

"Are you ready for our flight tomorrow"

"Yea we're all packed, Khile is really excited"

"I can tell. He was going on and on about going on a plane"

"Yea its our first time flying"

"Yes you mentioned that"

Just then music came filling the room and couples took to the dance floor.

"Would you like to dance?" She found herself asking Sebastian

He turned to her with a startled expression. Then he smiled and took her hand and lead her out to the dancefloor. She placed her hand on his chest and the other into his waiting palm as he circled her waist with his his free hand and pulled her closer to him. They swayed together to the rhythm of the music all the while gazing into each other's eyes.

"You make me feel things I dont want to feel" she confessed

"I know" he replied

"How do you know?"

"Its written all over your face"

"Oh"

"I'm not him Zoyé. Please don't punish me for all he's done to you"

"I'm trying not to"

"That's all I ask. I'll wait for you to come to me when you're ready...when you trust me"

She placed her head on his chest and slipped her hands around his waist and smiled against his chest when she felt him pull her closer. When he softly sang the words of the song she tried hard to hold back the tears as he serenaded her.

"One look in your eyes and there I see
Just what you mean to me
Here in my heart I believe
Your love is all I'll ever need
Holdin' you close through the night
I need you, yeah

I look in your eyes and there I see
What happiness really means
The love that we share makes life so sweet
Together we'll always be
This pledge of love feels so right
And, ooh, I need you"

As the song came to an end she stayed locked on his arms. She lift her head to look into his eyes and he placed his palm on the side of her face as she leaned into it. He leaned in to her as she leaned into him, their eyes trained on each other's lips, so close they could feel their breaths fanning each other's lips.

"Mommy" Khile's voice came.

They groaned and pulled apart. The moment instantly fading when they saw his tear stained and panicked face. Zoyé fell to her knees and pulled him into her arms.