This man. '' Yes, you told me that you would explain what you meant earlier by how I hadn't changed. Why else would I be here and not with Nathaniel?'' Annika finished pissed out once again. Earlier after Alexander had made that disturbing comment about how she hadn't change Annika had asked what he meant by it. Of course, he didn't answer but instead gave her a sly grin and stated he would only answer if she answered questions herself. Having no clue as to what he could possibly want to ask her she agreed. It's not like she had anything to hide or any information worth to give.

It seemed at that time she would be the one coming out on top. But now she was beginning to think otherwise. After she agreed to his deal he immediately ordered for Nathaniel to be removed from the tent. Annika watched,shocked, as he calmly walked out with a couple of armed men. She had thought he would have least put up a fight. Instead, he left without looking back. Twenty minutes later two plates of food were brought in. Although they were camped out in the middle of nowhere,with nothing but men, the food was delicious. The riced was flavored with some kinda yellow sauce that added a slight spiciness to it. Asparagus was served as the vegetable but Annika, who had never seen asparagus before, was a bit reluctant to eat it. The main item that had her drooling at the mouth was the grilled meat that had been served. Meat was a rare luxury that she and her family rarely got to eat. It was a miracle if they eat it twice a week.

Annika couldn't help but wonder if Nathaniel had been given food. Probably not seeing as he was the hated enemy. Little by little she snuck food into the napkin she had hidden on her lap for him.

'' You know it's bad matters to ignore your company when they are talking to you,'' Oh shit, she had dazed out again. It was a bad habit of hers. And he sounded like she was pushing pass his limits of patience.

'' Sorry, I am... just a little nervous,'' Well, it's not like it was a lie. '' Will you finally answer my question or...'' Her voice trailed off.

'' Sure,'' he answered quickly. but he had a sneaky look in his eyes. She didn't trust him. He definitely was up to something. '' I said you haven't changed because you haven't. Not since you were a child. You were always quick to anger no matter the circumstances. Or the person opposite of you.''

What.The.Hell. How did he know that? She was positive that she hadn't seen him before. '' That's very vague. You could be guessing based on how I acted before,'' That's right. They haven't met before he was just taking a shot in the dark and landed a bull's-eye.

'' Hmm, is that so'' He said slowly. That fucking 'I know something you don't know' grin came crawling back on his face. Annika was getting pissed again.

'' Yeah. It's not hard to tell I can be impulsive,'' Now that was a lie. She was protective of the people she loved. She wasn't sure why she felt the need to protect Nathaniel but it was almost like... instinctual She always thought of the consequence to any action she might take. Today was the first time in her life she acted without thought. First with Nathaniel then with jumping in Alexander's scary- assed face.

Alexander started stroking his chin. All the while looking at her, like he was thinking what to say next. '' When you were seven a boy ,who was around ten, pushed your little sister Raven on the ground and stole her hat and gloves your mother made for her. She went crying to you and you snuck into his house later that night and took it back,''

Annika was sure her eyes looked as if they were about to pop out any second. And judging by the way her mouth was suddenly becoming dry, it had to have dropped open in shock. Jermery aka the Jerk. That's who he was talking about. She remembered that day clearly. Their mother who had come across some wool, which was almost impossible to get, knitted matching hats and gloves for her and raven for the winter. Jermery the jerk stole Raven's hat when she went outside to play. She came running, face full of tears, to her and told her what happen. Of course, Annika would get angry. Their mother had stayed up for three nights without sleep to make sure they had clothes to keep them warm during the harsh winter. Not to mention, no one fucked with her little sister. She didn't even understand why he would want them. It wasn't like he could have worn them;they were too small for him.