Chapter 7

Once he got there he opened the door to the diner, he sat down at an empty booth and checked his watch. "It's 7:12, I have some time." He got up and looked around, he saw that the diner was fifties style. He liked it, he found a juke box near the restrooms and played hip hop from the fifties. He went to the restroom to see if his hair was in place, although he lived in New York for just 2 months he never went out. He was too afraid of the new world he has come to live in. He goes to sit back down at the booth, and stares into the foggy sky. Ten minutes of silence passed by when he hears a car pull up in the parking lots. He looks through the window and sees her get out of her car, he is enthralled by her beauty. She wore a sunflower printed dress with an opened parka along with black booties. Right then and there he fell in love. He went to open the door for her and led her to their booth. Still captivated by her elegance he said, "Isabel, you look gorgeous." Even even though she was wearing makeup he could still see her blush. "Thank you!" They sat down and spent the afternoon conversating and a little flirting here and there. They left the diner holding another's hand, he walked her to her car, hugged her and gave her a kiss on the cheek. He sits on the stairs as she drives off. "It's 10:42, it's time to head home." He gets up and starts walking home. He got home around 11:20. He texted Isabel that he had a great night and wanted to do it again and went to bed. He was tossing and turning, he was having the same dream again. But this time he broke free as they were tying him, he ran out the door and grabbed Isabel on his way out. She didn't want to, "Alexander no, I'm sorry but no. I love you and I'll miss you." She lets go of his hand and he runs out with tears in his eyes. He hears the guards chasing after him, starts to run faster he felt something in his pocket. "Her keys, God bless her heart." He starts sprinting to her car and as he is in motion he gets shot by watchman. Isabel screams as Alexander's lifeless body hits the cold hard asphalt. Alexander screams as he wakes up, waking up his parents. They come barging in his door and asks what had happened. He stayed quiet. After a while they left him alone, off in the distance he can hear them talk about him. "Cristina I don't think he's gotten better." "Abraham don't say that. He is, don't you remember last time he blacked out? He has gotten better. And he's going to make it." "He's different from the rest. He has issues. Our kid has issues." Then he hears them break down together. That alone ruined his once great night. He checked the time and saw that it's okay 3:00, so he drifted off to sleep. This time, all the way to the morning. He woke up due to his phone vibrating, it was Isabel texting him back. "Sorry I crashed out when I got home, and I had a great night too. I didn't get to tell you but you looked handsome. See you in first period!" That cheered him up and motivated him to get up from bed and shower. Once he got to ready and arrived at school he went straight to his locker and put his stuff away. He found Isabel in the same spot but this time waiting for him. He went to her and gave her a big hug. She kissed him on the cheek and left a big lipstick mark on him. He smiled from cheek to cheek. After role call and they went off to jog together to talk about their next date. "Hmm Isabel, how about my place? My parents would love to meet you." He says to her. "Alexander, are you sure?" She asks sounding not so sure. "Isabel I haven't been so sure in my life. You're beautiful, amazing, smart, funny, and I know for a fact my parents will like you." He says to her reassuring her. As they're jogging he can see Stephanie stare at them from the corner of his eye. He knew he made a mistake and will tell Isabel, eventually. But not now, he knows it'll devastate her and ruin their relationship. The rest of the day went smoothly, he got all of work done and spent the day with Isabel. Drama started try outs today and Alexander signed up. Danny persuaded him to take a few more hits again during seventh period. He went home and got ready for his second date. He tidied up his room and helped his mom clean the house. He told his mom to go relax as he's making diner. After fifty minutes of cooking his mom came out and asked, "Cooked ham, baked potatoes, and even desert? What's the occasion?" Alexander smiles as he is cleaning the utensils he has used. "Mom, I invited a very special person over for diner and I wanted to cook." Partially stunned by what he'd said she asked, "Who is it?" Alexander smiles even more, "Her name is Isabel. She's a great girl, you'll like her." Baffled by what he said, she left to talk to his father. Alexander thought about it for a moment and brushed it off. He texted Isabel to tell her that dinner is ready and his parents are excited to meet her. She replied that she'll be there in an hour, so it gave him time to shower and get dressed. While he's showering and singing along to his favorite song his parents are worried about all this. "Abraham, remember what happened last time he had a girlfriend?" His mom asks his dad, "I do, I was there but he wasn't. That wasn't my son my son is a good boy, that guy looked and sounded just like him but he was different." They were abruptly interrupted by Alexander, "Who wasn't me? What are you guys talking about?" His parents both looked at one another. "Nothing son get ready for your date. We'll be down there in a jiffy." His dad says as he closes the door on him. Alexander puts on his favorite button up shirt and his khakis, he quickly did his hair, put on socks and shoes and went downstairs. He quickly set the dining table before hearing the doorbell. When he opens it he sees Isabel in yet again another beautiful dress on, along with another pair of boots and a sweater. Alexander took her coat, hugged and gave her a kiss on the cheek. He showed her to the dining table and pulled out her chair so she can sit. Isabel greeted his parents and took a seat, "Isabel, you look wonderful!" His mother says as she's passing the bowl filled with baked potatoes. "Thank you! You guys look great this evening." She says as she grabs a potato and passes the bowl to Alexander. "Alexander cooked all of this when he got home, he was excited about tonight." His dad says, smiling but his smile will soon fade away along with the night. After dinner and and joyful conversation it was time for Isabel to head home. Alexander walked her to her car, hugged and kissed her. When she sat down he closed her door and told her to drive safely. She grabbed him by the shirt and kissed him on the lips. It was as if a thousand fireworks were set off as he rode off into the sunset. When her lips finally came off his her eyes were gleaming in the sunlight, "Thank you for coming Isabel. I told you my parents would like you." He said to her as she puts her car in reverse, and leaves his house.