Chapter 4

When the bell rang and everyone was in seats the drama teacher appeared and asked for 3 volunteers. Alexander scanned the room and saw that there's only 20 something kids around. No one raised their hand at first until a girl who was a lot shorter than him raised her hand and went up on stage. Alexander shot his hand up and was chosen next, he walked up to the stage and waited patiently for the third. It only took about a minute of silence before someone else volunteered, it was Ryan. He stood right next to Alexander, frightening him.
"Hey Alexander."
He turned and looked at him, but his voice was different; it was rather calm.
Alexander faced him and saw that the angered look on his face has diminished.
"Hey Ryan."
He says to him still somewhat scared.
"Look, I'm not going to hurt you. I'm sorry about Jaden, he's just trying to protect his sister. She well umm, has been around. If you know what I mean. He no longer wants that to happen. I know you're not going to do that. I saw that you weren't scheming anything. I hope you can forgive me and my friends."
He says calmly.
"Yeah it's okay. I have no room in my heart to be mad at people I shouldn't be mad at. When those girls came up to me, I didn't find any of them attractive. They were all pretty don't get me wrong but I didn't think they were for me. But I did find this lovely girl. Her name's Isabel."
Alexander tells Ryan while forming a smile.
"Aw yes, Isabel she's one of a kind. You're going to have to wow her parents though. I'm sure you can but you'll need to dress a little sharper than your hipster look. Nothing wrong with it, it's just wearing a nice buttoned down long sleeve with a nice big jacket should do the trick."
Ryan says before he gets cut off by the teacher.
"Attention class, we will be doing an ice breaker called taxi."
He gives Alexander a steering wheel. He's the driver. Next, the teacher gives Ryan a fake gun. And last but not least the girl named Cassidy; she was given a suitcase and a flip phone. The teacher joins in with them as a cowboy, he orders the 3 volunteers to come with him behind stage.
"Alexander, you go first you're the driver. I have four seats arranged into a rectangle, sit on the front left one. You're emotion is cheerful. Once you pick up a new passenger you take on their emotion or action. Make it realistic as possible this may or may not be recorded."
The teacher tells him before sending him on stage. He can hear him whispering in the back. Once he got to the 'driver's seat' he pretended to open a door, stick his foot in and watches his head as he sits down. Once he closes it he sets the steering wheel into position on a little rod. He puts his seat belt on and pretended to turn the car on, he mimicked the car engine start up with his mouth and proceeded to drive.
He just starts having little conversations with himself and acts like he's tuning the radio, and sings along to a song and tapping the steering wheel with his fingers as if it were drums. He was moving side to side, once he saw that the crowd was getting into his rhythm he gained confidence. Once he makes a stop Ryan pops out and acts like he just robbed a bank. He does the same as Alexander did getting in. Alexander turned around and asked where he's going. Ryan took a fast breath and yelled,
"Get us out of here before the pigs get us."
Alexander read his character.
"Robbing bank, filled with adrenaline."
He says to himself before getting into action.
"What the hell are you doing in my taxi!"
He yells at Ryan, he starts yelling other things before he hard breaks the car. They got into an argument before Cassidy came in with her suitcase. Once she got in the taxi she acted formal and nervous. The other two quickly read her and started to act nervous.
"So. . . Umm . . . Umm how. . . How was your guy's day going by so far?"
Alexander asks his passengers anxiously. Ryan pretends to swallow his spit and says,
"It's fine I guess, robbing banks can be a little.. tiring."
His voice was crackling from his nervousness. Once Alexander makes another stop the teacher hops out in front and says,
"Howdy folks, I like this metal pony of yours. Say do you know how fast this here stallion be?"
Alexander read his western accent. He notices that his teacher is really good.
"Oh Sandy? This girl was a champion in her days." He says back to his teacher. The drama teacher gets in the taxi and talks about his day of shining horse shoes. After the longest minute ever his teacher gets out of the taxi and exits the stage. They're back to nervous.
"So, uh what did you guys think of that guy?" Cassidy says to the other two. The other two just shrugged. Once Alexander makes another stop Cassidy leaves the taxi.
"Hurry up they're gaining on us, floor it!"
Ryan yells in Alexander's ear.
"I'm going as fast as this tin can can go."
Alexander yells back at him. He's loving this, he feels like he belongs here. Alexander stomps on the brake and sends Ryan out of the front window. Ryan runs off to the right side of the stage and exits the stage. "Phew, glad their gone. Now time for some radio jams."
He says, slicking his hair to the side with one hand while steering with another. Once he makes his final stop he gets out and takes a deep breath.
"Today was pretty darn good, off to see tv." Alexander says while exiting the stage. Everyone applauded he heard clapping roars and notices that more people dropped into the classroom.
"Okay now, settle down class. It's time to pick out the best volunteer. Now before we do this why don't we find out which emotion they had."
They guess them all right and after they did the teacher handed them sticky notes. They started writing and as soon as everyone was done they handed them into the teacher.
"Okay the volunteer with the most votes was Alexander with eighteen out of thirty two votes. Then tied at seven Cassidy and Ryan."
They congratulated one another and went back to their seats. Alexander feels someone hug him from the back, it was Isabel.
"You're amazing Alexander! You should try out for the play I'll definitely come and support you. Good job Ryan it's good to see you. And Cassidy when is the art club meet?"
Isabel was excited. They started talking, and while they did Alexander started packing his things and put on his backpack.