Chapter 1

On a cold foggy morning, he awoke from a reoccurring dream, it was of him being taken away to the loony house and being strapped to the death chair.
"I'm not crazy, just different."
He thinks to himself as he gets up from his bed and heads to the shower. Today is the first day of high school and life is different on the east coast than the west, where he came from. He doesn't know a single soul in his town apart from his mom, dad, and older brother.
"A fresh start beats being stuck in the middle of a war."
He mutters under his breath while putting on his coat and exiting his house. He sees the bus further up his neighborhood, he tries to avoid it for he's too scared of what the others will think of him. He begins his journey through the unfamiliar atmosphere, punching in the address for the school on his phone as he begins walking along the tire tracks from the bus. It's his first time seeing snow or even being close to it. He has always loved the cold so the snow was an added bonus. He hears his phone beep, notifying him to make a right. He checks his social media and sees that the people from his hometown have already quickly forgotten about him, just as quickly as they had said they never would. It makes his knees weak and a single tear rolls down his cheek as he thinks about just how quickly his life had changed. He quickly cleaned off, realizing just how low his self-esteem already was. He hears the phone go off once more, alarming him that he has arrived at his school. He checks the time on his watch as he climbs up the stairs. He swallows whatever pride he has left and enters the building. As soon as he sets foot into the school he feels a thousand pairs of eyes glued to him. He became completely still, frozen by the embarrassment and the worrying train of thoughts that went through his head. The bell rings and everyone starts heading to their classes. He passes by the office and picks up his schedule. He sees that it's almost identical from the one back home. He goes to the nearest water fountain and takes his medicine. He hates the fact that he has to take pills because of his current state of health. He's just as normal as every other kid. He puts the pill container back in his bag and heads to the gymnasium for psychical education. He sees guys and girls chatting about as he heads to his locker to put his stuff away. Accompanied by his phone he walks towards the others and tries not to be noticed. A group of girls walked to him and let out a barrage of questions, his heart starts racing but relaxes as soon he sees that they stopped moving their lips. He started answering questions one by one. He started to talk to them and found their names to be Tracy, Leslie, Cassandra, and Stephanie. They gave him their numbers to help him get around the first day and be friends with him, but not telling him their intentions. They scurried to their lines for roll call. His vision started going blurry and feels dizzy, the same dream it was continuing from where he left off. He sees everyone he knows behind a window watching as he gets strapped in. He snaps out of it as soon as he hears his teacher calls his name.
"Alexander, do we have an Alexander in this class?"
Alexander raises his hand as his teacher passes by him.
"How come you didn't answer me the first 4 times I called your name?"
Alexander tries to answer but chokes on his words. The teacher scuffs as she passes his now shuddering body.
"This is going to be harder than I thought."
He tells himself as he starts jogging his lap. When Alexander finishes his warm-up lap, he notices that a girl across the gym is looking at him.
"Why is she looking at me?"
He thinks to himself. He gives it a bit of thought and brushes it off to the side. As he's exiting the building and heads towards the locker room he sees that a couple of guys were swarming behind him, Alexander makes a sharp right to his isle trying to avoid any human contact. Paranoid, he quickly opens his locker, grabs his belongings and darts out of there.