Chapter 62

[ Z A Y N ]

"So you guys are in love. Now what?" Aunt asked us. I held Selena's hand and traced circles on it with my thumb. We flew back to Europe a few nights ago.

"I don't care if he's a vampire." Selena gushed. "I really don't. Our child, if we have one, can be half vampire for all I know. I don't care, I just want Zayn." She smiled at me. I smiled back, but I winced inside. I could initiate the old procedure but...

"Selena, I appreciate the fact that you're willing to do anything for Zayn, but you have no idea how hard it is to have a vampire child. Trisha suffered for so long, nobody was ready to accept Zayn as he was. She was there with him for when he was diagnosed with schizophrenia, when he was bullied by everyone he knew." She said, her voice cracking.

"I want to initiate the procedure." I made up my mind. I could do anyhing for Selena, anything.

My aunt raised an eyebrow and frowned. "No, Zayn, no."

Selena looked at me confused.

"If you drink blood out of your soulmate, half vampires find their other human half. The human half which completes them. That's how a half vampire turns into a complete human." My aunt explained. Dad walked in and took a seat next to her.

"Is that possible?" Selena asked.

"Yes. If we do this, I'm a human." I nodded.

"No way you're doing this! You have your own people too, the vampires. They are not gonna like it, not one bit." Dad protested.

"Wait." My aunt stopped my dad. "I believe, I believe they both are made for each other. I just feel it. Let him do what he wants for love. But this will only work if you both are soulmates. If you aren't, I'm just saying, this is a dangerous procedure. Selena might die."

I looked at Selena panicking. She bit her lip but I could she was shaken by this whole thing too. "Zayn, I'll do it. For you."