Chapter 50

Graduation Day

[ S E L E N A ]

"Oh my god, you look so grown up!" My friend Louis gushed. He was Eva's cousin, but he had grown to be more like my brother.

Louis and his wife Lexi had flown in for the graduation from Australia last night, along with Eva's parents and aunt. I had no family of my own, until Eva took me to her house for the vacations. They treated me like their own daughter, I realised I finally almost had a family.

"Thanks, Lou." I smiled, patting my graduation gown.

"I'm so proud of both of you." He planted kisses on me and Eva's foreheads. "Eva's parents are sitting in the audience and they are proud of both of you too."

"Now go." Lexi held our hands and pushed us towards the stage where everyone was lining up. Me and Eva joined the line. I spotted Zayn and bit my lip. He winked, I winked back.

Should I tell him right now?

"Eva." I whispered. The name call had started and the first person was already walking towards the stage.

"Hm?"

"Should I tell Zayn?"

"You're leaving tomorrow. You've got to tell him. It's been a week and you're delaying this too much. Just get this over with."

"R-really?" Before I knew it, my name was announced. I giddily walked onstage and I was handed a diploma. Cameras flashed everywhere, I could see Louis and Lexi giving me a thumbs up. I smiled wide.

This was it. No more classes, no more friends. We really are growing up now.

I walked off stage, my heart still pounding against my chest. I felt sick, I was going to miss school so much.

°•°•°•°

"Yipee!" All of us yelled and threw our hats up in the air. I laughed, reality clearly wasn't sinking in. Zayn appeared from nowhere and yelled "I love you!"

"I love you too!" I pressed my lips against his. A guilty feeling stabbed me in the gut. "Zayn, we've gotta talk!" I yelled over the commotion. He pulled me to the side.

"I've gotta tell you something too." He kneeled on the ground. "Selena Gomez, I love you so, so much. I know it's too early, but I'd do anything to spend the rest of my life with you. I love you so much."

"Zayn, no." I pulled him up. "I can't."

"What?"

"I'm leaving tomorrow. I'm going to LA."

"Why?" He looked shocked.

"I need to pursue my career in singing. I am auditioning for this singing show, and I need to do it."

A tear rolled down his cheek. My own eyes pricked with tears.

"But Sel, I-"

"Sorry, Zayn." I let a few tears fall out and walked away.

WHEW EXTRA LONG

CHAPTER, SILLY.
AND I ALSO KINDA HAVE THIS PACT WITH _Danistotallyonfire TO ADD LEXI TO ALL MY STORIES SO YEAH

TOODLES