Chapter 48

[ S E L E N A ]

In school

"Hey, Sel!" Eva ran upto me from nowhere. "Where you going?"

"I was just heading to meet Zayn." I smiled. "Where have you been?"

"With Niall." She giggled. "Where are you taking your books?"

"He's got a test in a few days, I might as well help him."

"Good." She held my hand and we kept walking.

A crowd has gathered around the locker area. Curious as to what was going on, we both joined the waves of the crowd.

"Don't talk to me like that!" I heard a girl scream from behind the lockers.

"Calm down, there are people outside." A familiar accented voice spoke.

"If you would just tell me where you were last night, I would!"

"A typical fight. Let's keep moving." Eva yawned.

"Wait, I need to see who this is." I waved her off.

"I don't wanna!"

"Why the fuck not?"

"Can't you mind your own business?" The guy pushed a locker aside and stepped out, his blonde hair in a mess and his lip ring hanging out of his lips.

"Luke." I whispered.

He pushed the crowd aside to move, but as soon as his eyes met mine, he grabbed my arm and dragged me with him.

"Luke! Don't touch me, you bastard!" I hissed but got ignored. He pinned me against the wall and pressed his lips onto mine hard.

My eyes were wide open with shock. I used all my strength to push him away but he wouldn't budge. Butterflies erupted in my stomach as our lips moved in sync. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see his girlfriend putting on a sour face and fighting back tears. People gasped, but one sad face stood out.

Zayn. He had seen this.

I gathered whatever strengh I had left and kicked luke in the shin. "Ouch." He bit his lip. Zayn turned around started to walk away.

"Zayn!" I called out but he wouldn't listen. I scurried after him.